+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Lol, exactly my point. In no way is playing with a males hormones sensible, we do not know the potential dangers, so why risk it? You keep arguing your point, what evidence do you have? Merck's outdated, questionable trials? No thanks.
    If you want to say there will be a harm, you have to specify it, and give some details. The burden of proof is on YOU. Just saying "something really really bad might happen, so people shouldn't take the drug" is not an argument, and it is not grounds for ACTIVELY discouraging people from taking the drug - what Arashi does. There is a difference being concerned about long term effects, and what Arashi is doing.

FYI, Merck is not the only one that has studied the drug. Even independent scholars, you might be familiar with the Rossi study have done 10 yr tests on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Genitourinary side effects have included impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%), and testicular pain
    Nervous system side effects including decreased libido (1.6% to 10.0%), dizziness (7.4%), and somnolence (1.7%) have been reported.
    Cardiovascular side effects including postural hypotension (9.1%) and hypotension (1.2%) have been reported.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/propecia-side-effects.html
    Here's a good study for you.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ion/44363996/1

These drugs, including aspirin, seem to cause ED in a much greater percentage of men than Propecia and this was a huge study. Guess we should all boycott Advil!

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    If you want to say there will be a harm, you have to specify it, and give some details. The burden of proof is on YOU. Just saying "something really really bad might happen, so people shouldn't take the drug" is not an argument, and it is not grounds for ACTIVELY discouraging people from taking the drug - what Arashi does.

FYI, Merck is not the only one that has studied the drug. Even independent scholars, you might be familiar with the Rossi study have done 10 yr tests on it.
    I'm not saying people 'shouldn't take this drug'. I'm saying people should think very hard before making any decisions , do not put words in my mouth. I have no proof, it is speculation but DHT is there for a reason like the rest of our hormones. It is after all a sex hormone, playing about with it is not logical!! It may or may not have cognitive implications also.

Smile

Going a fraction of topic here folks

Stop with the offtop ffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I'm not saying people 'shouldn't take this drug'. I'm saying people should think very hard before making any decisions , do not put words in my mouth. I have no proof, it is speculation but DHT is there for a reason like the rest of our hormones. It is after all a sex hormone, playing about with it is not logical!! It may or may not have cognitive implications also.
    I agree that one should know the risks, but surely you are aware of the crowd that goes, "don't take this drug, it is poison". Arashi falls into this category, and that's who I'm responding to.

Nevertheless, I suspect we may have this discussion again, but 3 times before the end of the week.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I just asked Dr. Cole what he thinks of finasteride. His response was; it does work in some cases, but it's minimally effective. Some doctors are selling a topical treatment that is a combination of minoxidil and finasteride. Dr. Cole questions whether finasteride can be absorbed through the skin. Finasteride identical twin studies would be worthwhile.

The bottom line is, we need hair loss treatments that are more effective than what are currently available.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 11:56 AM.

But arguing this is fun.
    You should go and work for Merck. Make a living out of your hobby.

Fin haters cry about the drug, I post evidence showing they're wrong. They cry more, and so it goes...
    You don't seem to understand what people are saying. Even if the risk of persistent impotence is 0.1%, some people feel that keeping their hair is not worth that risk.

Anyway enjoy debating this for another 10+ pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    You don't seem to understand what people are saying. Even if the risk of persistent impotence is 0.1%, some people feel that keeping their hair is not worth that risk.
    Then keep your opinion to yourself, and stop actively discouraging people from using the drug. You do not take the drug, I believe never have, and yet you post on and on about it.

Then keep your opinion to yourself, and stop actively discouraging people from using the drug.
    If you want this forum to be just about what YOU think, maybe you should start a blog.