+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    I repeat, what if you're the typical responder who doesn't suffer sides?

Why don't you read this?

www.twinshairloss.com
    And what if you suffer sides, like Chrisis did; you may think they were not a big deal, but clearly they were if he was so bothered by them.

You don't seem to understand that if you fall into the 5% as you put it, and the sides are persistent, there is not really a lot of support.

I bet if Chrisis can turn back the clock, knowing what he knows now, he would never have touched the drug.

hairloss talk - user who has had success with fin, talking about his hormones going out of whack after a long period on it.

http://www.*****************/interact...read.php/44351

Furthermore, Chris's side effects are not particularly severe:

These sides seem fairly moderate, and typical for those who get sides, which is a small portion of the population.
    You had a good argument until you said this.

All that shit isn't moderate. That's some serious shit right there.

You don't seem to understand that the chance fo being in the 5% is FAR LESS than being in the 95%. Persistent sides are an even SMALLER group out of that 5%. Are you thick? (And I'm not talking about your semen ).

Furthermore, Chris's sides were moderate and typical, you make it sound like had a horrible ordeal in Guantanamo Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post
    You had a good argument until you said this.

All that shit isn't moderate. That's some serious shit right there.
    Which side is severe? Lower libido is moderate. Reduced ejaculate volume is typical due to prostate shrinkage. Fewer random boners is again, hardly serious.

We have a great drug for maintaining our hair, and people don't want to take it because of "lower sensitivity", "watery semen", or "fewer random boners"? You're positioning Chris's story as a horrible ordeal to convince people to stop taking fin, but really, a number of these things are hardly serious.

Not even getting into the fact that these sides are in the small minority...yeah, the anti fin brigade has a real convincing argument.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    hairloss talk - user who has had success with fin, talking about his hormones going out of whack after a long period on it.

http://www.*****************/interact...read.php/44351

check out my story here:
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=50763&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

My doctor has reason to suspect that fin may be the cause of some other health issues I have, so we decided I should stop for at least a few months. Allegedly, it may be affecting all different types of hormones in my body and screwing me up. When I first started, I did get sexual sides, but they went away for the most part. Now I have a list of problems.

Anyways, I stopped fin once and I went into a massive itching/shed. I want to prevent it this time. I was thinking about spiro cream... any other suggestions? Im currently on niz 1% 3x a week and rogaine foam daily. Need some help! Need to crank it up a notch! I regrew 99% of my hair and I'd like to keep it...without fin. Thanks!
    Apparently, everything in my entire endocrine system is slightly off. I've been having problems with memory, anxiety, sleep, mood, stomach problems. There are other little things I cant think of right now. I have irregularities with my heart rhythm, glucose level problems, thyroid, etc... I am what appears to be a lot of signs of "getting old" although my testosterone level is in the 900s and I am extremely healthy and live a VERY healthy lifestyle. I thought I was just getting older and running into small health concerns, but I guess they all could be a reaction to fin. we will see I guess.
    5 months later

Quick update: been off fin for 5 months, and no further loss. No further gains either. it has definitely been a struggle. I am on a pretty extensive regimen now:

[...]
    oh and my sex life is finally back to normal. It came to me a few days ago.. I was 100% in denial about my sexual sides. I was BARELY getting by while on fin, and now that I have finally fully recovered, my body is returning to normal.

Now let's go back to the fact that all independent studies put the incidence of sides at 5%. You keep saying, what if you're in the 5%?

Well, what if you're in the 95%? What's more likely to happen?

Which side is severe? Lower libido is moderate. Reduced ejaculate volume is typical due to prostate shrinkage. Fewer random boners is again, hardly serious.

We have a great drug for maintaining our hair, and people don't want to take it because of "lower sensitivity", "watery semen", or "fewer random boners"? You're positioning Chris's story as a horrible ordeal to convince people to stop taking fin, but really, a number of these things are hardly serious.

Not even getting into the fact that these sides are in the small minority...yeah, the anti fin brigade has a real convincing argument.
    Again, you are missing the point.

Every single person that takes the drug, should have a good fall back plan if it backfires. One that allows them to get back to normal.

Currently, if you are the 5%, there is not a lot that can be done if the sides are persistent and do not go away after the drug is discontinued. Your attitude of discarding the 5% (oh it only happens to 5% of people) is wrong. That 5% can be anyone reading this thread about to hop onto the drug.

For that reason, it is NOT a safe drug. And **** knows what it is doing to the endocrine system.

I want to preserve my hair as much as the next guy, but I don't want to do it if I am going to suffer from physical ailments later down the line. And may I repeat it sucks that there isnt a better alternative, that is a lot safer.

No, a 5% incidence of sides is not high, and most sides dissipate after cessation of treatment, making persistent sides even smaller.

That makes this a safe drug, and a great solution for hair loss. Try to grasp that. The vast majority of people will take with no issue, and almost every prescription drug has sides of some sort, finasteride is not alone in that.

But I guess we can sit around and pray for HistoAderFollica?

Now let's go back to the fact that all independent studies put the incidence of sides at 5%. You keep saying, what if you're in the 5%?

Well, what if you're in the 95%? What's more likely to happen?
    Do you know what, this garbage was being fed to Chrisis. Exactly this, before he hopped onto the drug.

Once his body ****ed up, none of you pro fin brigade could help him get back to normal. It's like - your problem mate. You were the 5%.

And sure there is probably a good chance that I may fall into the 95%, but again, do I really want to play russian roulette?