+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

This is my favorite PropeciaHelp thread:
    http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/vi...php?f=32&t=552

One guy is claiming finasteride gave him homosexual thoughts, a few guys agree with him saying fin made them feel "womanly" (LMAO). Then a few gay posters chime in that they now had urges to have sex with women. (Double LMAO).

So is fin a gay drug or a straight drug? I'm confused. (but not in that way )

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    I am unequivocally pro-finasteride.

Finasteride is an excellent solution for hair loss, and only a small number of people get sides from it, and mostly they resolve after quitting the drug. Ironically, a lot of the crying on the forums I hear is from guys who haven't actually tried the drug but are afraid of trying it. Go figure....are you in this group?

I'm afraid, just because your friend Chrisis got side effects does not mean the rest of the population does. We have these things called "double blind placebo controlled trials" that demonstrate its efficacy and safety. You should read up on those!
    Quoted for truth! Honestly, I despair at all the unscientific scare-mongering that goes on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    The risks associated with taking Propecia are completely overblown on the internet. It is hardly like playing Russian roulette. It's more like "winning" the lottery as far as the possibility of experiencing ongoing side effects. Yes, it sucks for people it happens to, but it's very rare and the odds are in the favor of not having these problems.
    Yeah, I am sure Chrisis read exactly this from a forum member before taking the drug.

Now that he is in the shit's, the people who advocated it and ecouraged him to do it, are carrying the attitude, it's your problem, deal with it.

I'm sorry guys - but if the sides were minor, say the possibility of getting a headache, it is an ok drug. But the possibility of getting erectile dysfunction, penis shrinkage, depression, male tits are not to be taken lightly.

I refuse the believe the figure is 2%. More than 2% get sides.

The figure is closer to 5% actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Quoted for truth! Honestly, I despair at all the unscientific scare-mongering that goes on here.
    It's not unscientific, its the truth.

There are people who are suffering from serious side effects.

Only because it works for you, does not make it is a safe drug. Because if you happen to be one of the unlucky one's, you are ****ed if the sides don't go away after you discontinue the drug.

Then what?

But what if you happen to be the typical responder who maintains his hair with no sides? Or the great responder who sees regrowth?

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    But what if you happen to be the typical responder who maintains his hair with no sides? Or the great responder who sees regrowth?
    Here is Chrisis story.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8650

Back story: started finasteride in January 2012, and began suffering sexual side effects at the 2 months mark. I quit quit cold turkey around the middle of March. Since then I've been struggling to get back to normal.

About a month ago, fab and Johny.track131 suggested I try Clarityn, or it's generic active ingredient, loratadine, which a trial and anecdotes suggested might restore healthy functionality somehow.

I tried that and enjoy a return to normality almost immediately, followed by spells of dysfunction again. I took my last tablet about a week ago and have had problems since, so I'm going back on loratadine to see what happens.

fab also suggested I try maca root, which a trial also indicated might be helpful. I have bought some of this today and gonna give this a try too. It's 1.5mg a tablet, but 3mg was considered to be the effective dose so I'm going to take two. I know taking both at the same time kinda messes up the science of figuring out what works, but **** it, I want this sorted.
    Read it

Sure you wont know until you try the drug, but again, what I am advocating is for a safer alternative, that is effective, so balding men dont have too.

It sucks that we have to potentially risk it , like this man did.

Propecia didn't help me. So booooooooo from me.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Here is Chrisis story.
    I repeat, what if you're the typical responder who doesn't suffer sides?

Why don't you read this?

www.twinshairloss.com

Furthermore, Chris's side effects are not particularly severe:

lower libido - this can happen in some
    lower sensitivity what does that mean?
    less powerful ejaculations ok....are we shooting flies here with our semen?
    fewer random boners who cares?
    less volume and watery consistency of semen this isn't a side effect, but a consequence of what fin is supposed to do-shrink prostate
    These sides seem fairly moderate, and typical for those who get sides, which is a small portion of the population.