+ Reply to Thread

Default Do I need to take anything else?

Ok I started fin (propecia) about 4 months ago, had a few small sides which passed and feel my body has accepted and responded well. Not much in the way of regrowth but this wasn't really what I was after from it, just to stop me receding anymore.

I have a history in my family on mpb, my dad is a nw6 and so was his dad so I know I was headed this way.

Anyways I want to experiment now that my body is used to fin and am thinking of using minoxidil to try to encourage regrowth and get some density back at the front of my hair, does this seem like a good next move? I looked at regaine but a lot of people have said its a waste of money for little and more than likely no affect

Quote Originally Posted by arkeye View Post
    Ok I started fin (propecia) about 4 months ago, had a few small sides which passed and feel my body has accepted and responded well. Not much in the way of regrowth but this wasn't really what I was after from it, just to stop me receding anymore.

I have a history in my family on mpb, my dad is a nw6 and so was his dad so I know I was headed this way.

Anyways I want to experiment now that my body is used to fin and am thinking of using minoxidil to try to encourage regrowth and get some density back at the front of my hair, does this seem like a good next move? I looked at regaine but a lot of people have said its a waste of money for little and more than likely no affect
    Treating MPB is like treating most other physiological related challenges. It is rare to be able to state with certainty that any two people will react to a course of treatment in like fashion.

That being said, can Minoxidil have a positive effect? Absolutely! Nizoral, Emu oil, laser therapy, the list goes on and on. I would suggest doing your homework (it can drive you crazy seeing so many differing opinions) and if you see more (hopefully substantiated) positive information about a particular treatment, give it a shot and give it sufficient time to see how YOU react to it. Wishing you success.

Ok thanks, I've ordered 3 months supply of minoxidil to try it, was pretty cheap so let's see what happens