+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Buzzing my head was really difficult at first, I've always had long, thick crazy hair, so it was a BIG move. At first it was a shock but also a relief, I enjoyed it as a new hair style and I wasn't looking at my thinning hair anymore.

5 months later and I have a love/hate relationship with it, I HATE seeing my scalp under bright light, I feel that it makes look less less attractive and I've started to constantly observe my hair again like the way it was before. It does however make applying minox much easier, I would say that it only helped me for a certain amount of time. Now I'm sick of it and just want my hair back! I do like it sometimes and feel more like a bad ass, especially with a beard/stubble, but because I am diffusing buzzing hasn't helped as much as I would of hoped.
    How short did you buzz it down? Anything over a grade 1 and it looks thin and wispy

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    How short did you buzz it down? Anything over a grade 1 and it looks thin and wispy
    I usually do a 1 with a 2 on top, but I hate it so short. When my hair is that short it loses its dark brown colour and doesn't frame my face as well. Considering growing it out again...

I usually do a 1 with a 2 on top, but I hate it so short. When my hair is that short it loses its dark brown colour and doesn't frame my face as well. Considering growing it out again...
    If you grow it out again you'll just be spinning wheels, take it down to a grade one all over, it'll look less thin on top and will match up with your stubble better, growing it back out will only add to your anxiety again.

Quote Originally Posted by William Yates, MD View Post
    If you have decent donor why don't you consider a FUE? I shaved my head when I first started losing hair but I look much better with hair framing the face. I think most people look better with the face framed, that is why so many balding guys wear ball caps.

FUE is not magic, but is has come a long way to give patients great results. In 2013 there is no reason I can think of to suffer with hair thinning without doing something.
    Because I am 23 and probably would not be considered a 'candidate', plus I am not on propecia so further loss might be a problem. Although my hair loss seems to have steadied for the past year os so.

Being 23 is not the real problem, it is the pattern of loss and anticipated loss that matters. Yes Propecia would be of benefit. Have you considered PRP to help slow your hair loss. It does not have any sexual side effects.
    With noticeable hair loss at age 23, it's probably safe to say anticipated loss will be high (NW4+ by 30 at least). Would it be fair to say, if a patient like this is not willing to take propecia, that PRP would have to be proven to stabilize his loss first before a HT is considered? It seems like a pretty expensive gamble IMO, especially if said patient would have been better off taking fin. Have you seen results that indicate to you PRP can have the same effectiveness (at least in terms of maintenance or slowing down loss) as propecia in young patients with aggressive hair loss?

If this truly is an option, I believe tons would love to know about it. Young patients with early signs of hairloss could try PRP for 1-3yrs instead of fin. If they keep losing ground, they could always try hopping on fin.

Being 23 is not the real problem, it is the pattern of loss and anticipated loss that matters. Yes Propecia would be of benefit. Have you considered PRP to help slow your hair loss. It does not have any sexual side effects.
    I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on how successful it is. Could you enlighten us on Biologixhair seeing as there is a lot of current discussion about it. I believe you were advertising it on your website?

So Biologixhair Dr Yates?? Any opinions??

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    If this truly is an option, I believe tons would love to know about it. Young patients with early signs of hairloss could try PRP for 1-3yrs instead of fin. If they keep losing ground, they could always try hopping on fin.
    That's what I was thinking. I have always said I'd never get a HT, and still feel like I probably wouldn't. However, I said the same thing about fin (over 4 months on it now) and minox (considering buzzing and starting it).

I'd want to be on fin for about 18 months and minox for about 12 before I even truly entertained the idea of a HT of any type.

So Biologixhair Dr Yates?? Any opinions??
    Give the guy a break! You gave him an hour, he probably has a real job he has to attend to - not answer BTT questions!

Dude, take it from me. I did what you're thinking back in January. Best decision I've made. I feel free from this and have moved on to improving other areas in my life. Go for it BigT.