+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

No worries mate - I'm curious to know how this guy got on, there's been a lot of radio silence tho so doesn't bode well?

Maybe he's moved on. I'll be documenting how I get on with lower dose but obviously it's gonna take time and I'm not 100% ready yet.

Another point about this topic is how it took 8 months for this guy's sides to kick in. That's a long time for something that many claim might have been "in his head" to show up. I know I keep banging this drum but my experience was identical except it took 3 months. Also he described his dick as going numb - this is the perfect word. It's like someone just disconnected all the nerves - scary and very real.

I'm not entirely against finasteride (I'm going to be taking it again, after all!), but I am entirely against the tired excuses I read and hear. People should feel free to say finasteride worked for them without side effects, however I wish they'd quit pretending to be expert psychologists in the psychosomatic mechanisms of drugs. Honestly sick of being patronised like that.

Yeah i hear you dude. Perhaps he's ran away and joined a hippy commune?! Could have gone the other way tho and he's having a bad time. Hope he's ok either way.

I tend to believe a lot of what I've read about this drug. I'll be watching your progress and wish you luck. If I ever dip my toes in the Merck(y) waters it won't be with 1mg I'm sure.

This is the thing: even if you start on 0.25mg, how long before you know you're ok to move up? If the sides creep in up to a year later (and beyond?), it's a tricky question.

Yeah that's that problem. Some guys think they're fine til many months later. It's fkn Russian roulette. Some guys get away scot free, such a big gamble, that's why I haven't rolled the dice yet personally.

Spencer spoke about a comparison between fnasteride and birth control for women last night, suggesting that women don't report side effects because they "don't need to get it up". That was so unbelievably frustrating. It's not an issue of simply getting it up! It's as if your dick doesn't belong to your body any more. Any sensory nerve endings down there have been almost entirely muted. Besides the point, men and women are completely different and drawing parallels between two completely different drugs is entirely pointless.

*banging my head against a wall*

I use 1mg of propecia as .5mg wasn't enough. If you want a reliable site that doesn't ask for a prescription its http://www.trustpill.com they are great.