+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply. It was very informative. I'll let you know my results with every 3-4 day dosing since it is how i started finesteride for the first time 1 month ago. I don't think it can hurt me vs someone switching to it after doing it daily. You may already have read this, but the studies i read on finesteride showed a one time dose as low as .04 mg reduced baseline dht levels for 1 week till baseline levels returned. You probably already know this but that was kinda why i thought i'd experiment with the drug very very cautiously to start since Im still 50/50 on if anyone should ever use this drug to begin with.

p.s. You always take the drug daily or eod then?

Actually I was aware of that study and I think its a great idea...I just dont know why I would've shed after just 2 days....It could've been something else but its the only thing I can think of.

I have always used the drug ED, but when I first started fin I took 1mg EOD, achieving the same results as .5mg ED.

All The info I just gave about dosing is for ED.

Please let me know the results of your experiment because quite frankly the recommended dosage for this drug is FAR too high and harmful, and the only people who can figure out a happy medium is ourselves.

hi GK

how is your low dose treatment going, im doing pretty good with mine at 0.8mg last two months, i might give a try a even lower dose, let me know how u doing..

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rotsen182 View Post
    hi GK

how is your low dose treatment going, im doing pretty good with mine at 0.8mg last two months, i might give a try a even lower dose, let me know how u doing..

cheers
    Hey man,

Actually I originally misunderstood you...I thought you were taking 1/6th of a propecia pill, no proscar....So lately I've been on 1/5th propecia(.2mg), and its no different than any dose I've been on before. No surprise really because the studies show that it is just about as effect as a 1mg dose. I am actually considering going EOD as well, thinking there wont be much difference.

What is EOD? I'm learning a lot on this thread. Thanks.

EOD = every other day..

GK my bad yours is a micro dose.. lol im planing to bring down the dose of finas and minox too little by little ,..

Yeah I think its been very effective keeping it at a low dose...Because of its flat dose response over .2mg

However I would advise against lowering the rogaine dosage. Every time I've done this I've lost hair. The hair you grow is dependent on the amount of rogaine you used to grow it.

I find that in the big 3, rogaine is the powerful force behind the regrowth.

However if you want to experiment go ahead, these are just my thoughts.

GK how is it going with your lowered propecia dosage and sides

Bump.........

Thanks for the bump there, interesting topic. I will be trying a lower dose after experiencing sides myself.

I'd like to make the point that if side effects are mostly in people's heads (the popular go-to defence on this forum), then lowering the dose shouldn't make any difference. The fact it does says it all.