+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A few FUE questions...

Hi, I have looked into getting a hair transplant before and was only ever interested in getting FUE.....I decided against it but.....again I am considering getting something done.

I am far gone, I am about a Norwood 5A. My donor area is below average.

I therefore understand that I am restricted in what can be achieved and don't expect to get a full head of hair back....far from it.

Lets say my aim is to achieve a Norwood somewhere between a 2A and 3A (a partially receded hairline look).

Say I have 3000-3500 hairs to play with....from what I have seen done with this amount of hairs I think/hope I can cover somewhere between a Norwood 2A - 3A, the density may have to be quite restrictive with this number of hairs, I don't mind my crown being thin as long as it's not ridiculous. I would like the hairline to be a good density.

Even if the thickness turned out to be not ideal for long-ish hair then shaved short I would expect this to be a lot better than what I have now.

I am from the UK.

Questions:

1. Anyone have any theories on this, seen examples they can pass me onto of similar cases?

2. How much is 3000-3500 FUE going to cost? I have seen £2 - £2.50 a hair to get it done by the private clinic in London Dr Raghu Reddy's surgery.......so looking at £7,000+. Any where that does it cheaper than this that has a IAHRS certified surgeon?

3. How long is the wait for surgery? Preferably I'd like to get a consultation and based on that decide if to get something done and book surgery in asap.

Ignore my Raghu Reddy statement I noticed he isn't in the IAHRS....

Dr Bianga costs about £7,000. Anyone else cheaper out here who is IAHRS certified?

Hi Sausage,

Raggu Reddy is more like 6GBP per graft.

A recent announcement by the Farjo clinic is that world renown Fue manual surgeon Dr Lorenzo from Spain is now working in the UK with Dr Farjo. He is undoubtedly one of the leaders in the world at Fue and has hundreds of videos on youtube. However, I believe he is charging a start rate of 6GBP that decreases with the higher number of grafts you have. Here is his website:
    http://www.injertocapilar.com/ or alternatively you can mail Mick from Farjo. I am pretty sure he will apply to be an IAHRS member if he has not already as he is easily good enough.

I am sure you know of a good number of great surgeons in Belgium and nearly all of them are IAHRS members.

Lastly, a couple of the surgeons that are the most talked about in Turkey are Dr Erdogan( Asmed) who is highly regarded by Jose Lorenzo and you have probably heard of Dr Keser. A lot of their work is on the European forums. There is a couple of other names brought up.

Lastly India is also going to be cheap.

Just do your research across all forums. Personally, I wouldn't have a transplant if the main basis was on price but I understand it is not cheap also.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Ignore my Raghu Reddy statement I noticed he isn't in the IAHRS....

Dr Bianga costs about £7,000. Anyone else cheaper out here who is IAHRS certified?
    You should avoid bargain hunting for a hair restoration physician. Here in the US we have an expression; "You get what you pay for". We see a regular flow of hair transplant repair patients here at Dr. Cole's office. Many repair patients tell us they would rather be bald than endure scars, tenting, pitting, wrong hair directions, wasted donor areas with little growth to show and unnatural looking hairlines. This still happens and I highly recommend you take the time to properly evaluate doctors you are considering. Some doctors offer lower prices because they cut corners and charge by the hair rather than follicular unit. There are some good doctors in Europe. Stick with the best. Don't gamble because a bad hair transplant can be a huge disappointment and really drag your life down.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Toll Free 1-800-368-4247
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 11:26 AM.

There is a difference between going for the cheapest surgeon and going for the cheapest IAHRS certified surgeon.

Or do you think that the cheaper IAHRS surgeons are possibly worse than the more expensive ones?

Surely all IAHRS surgeons are top quality?

There is a difference between going for the cheapest surgeon and going for the cheapest IAHRS certified surgeon.

Or do you think that the cheaper IAHRS surgeons are possibly worse than the more expensive ones?

Surely all IAHRS surgeons are top quality?
    I think your'e right. There's a big difference between just going on the cheap and trying to find the lowest price between IAHRS surgeons. The price probably depends on several factors, but I doubt it's going to make any difference in quality.

I know Dr. Cole trained both Dr. Mwamba and Dr. Bisanga so those seem to be great choices. Dr. Feriduni also seems to be doing great FUE. You should have consultations with all of them and see who best fits your particular needs. You also need to meet patients in person who might have been dealing with the same donor restrictions as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I think your'e right. There's a big difference between just going on the cheap and trying to find the lowest price between IAHRS surgeons. The price probably depends on several factors, but I doubt it's going to make any difference in quality.

I know Dr. Cole trained both Dr. Mwamba and Dr. Bisanga so those seem to be great choices. Dr. Feriduni also seems to be doing great FUE. You should have consultations with all of them and see who best fits your particular needs. You also need to meet patients in person who might have been dealing with the same donor restrictions as you are.
    Cheers,

I do want to go over to Belgium to have face to face consultations. I want to know what at best can be achieved. I really want to do this asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Yates Hair Science View Post
    Hi Sausage,

Your donor is the most important when it comes to hair restoration so if you are saying that you have limited donor be sure that you get the best out of it if you are planning to move forward with the procedure. You can do a combo of beard hair and scalp if you do not have enough scalp hair. As far as your budget, if you tell the doctor what your budget is he will do what is best for you within your budget. You can always have more than one procedure. You stated that you are a class 5A which means that you may need to do another procedure in the future anyway. Its best not to rush when it comes to a hair transplants I have seen too many patients that rush into a procedure and then have to go and have a correction procedure. If you can not go into the office for a consultation you can always send pictures to the doctor or do a video consultation. Good Luck!!!

What I don't understand is how can you get a solid consultation online by photos or video stream....

Surely it is best to visit the surgeon for a consultation......where they can get a proper look. Surely one of the key things to look at is the quality of the individuals hairs.....I don't think it is mentioned much but surely a surgeon can only really get a good view of the quality of the actual hair up close face to face?

Or is quality of the individual donor hairs not really an issue? are generally peoples donor hairs ok for transplantation?

Quote Originally Posted by Yates Hair Science View Post
    I do agree it is always best to go in for an in person consultation but if you can not. Most doctor will do a video or photo consultation. The quality of the donor area is very important. A good experienced hair transplant doctor knows the average amount of grafts he or she can remove from a class 5A virgin donor area even if it is a thin donor. Generally most donor areas are ok to at least remove a couple thousand follicular units. It is not the often that you can not remove that many unless there are issues with the scalp such as skin disorders.

Do you know what is the average amount of follicular units that can usually be extracted from the donor area?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

What I don't understand is how can you get a solid consultation online by photos or video stream....

Surely it is best to visit the surgeon for a consultation......where they can get a proper look. Surely one of the key things to look at is the quality of the individuals hairs.....I don't think it is mentioned much but surely a surgeon can only really get a good view of the quality of the actual hair up close face to face?

Or is quality of the individual donor hairs not really an issue? are generally peoples donor hairs ok for transplantation?
    You can do a consult on our Website. just fill in the area in the upper right of our home page. You will then be redirected to where you fill out additional information and can upload photos. Make sure the photos are high resolution and sharp/clear. Follow the link to our Website below. The consult is free and even if you decide to see another doctor, we will provide you with a valuable evaluation.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 11:26 AM.