+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Spex discusses speaking openly about Hair Loss and Hair Transplants

Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Spex looks like he is 21 years old...I am happy for him.

I, however, am only 26, but look like I'm 45..People have made so many comments, 'oo you look so old', 'ooh my god, you look like your 50'...I'm super depressed...Plus I'm a fully bald norwood 7 so no hopes, and I'm not handsome at all.

I'm so depressed.

FlightTL,

So very sorry to hear you are depressed with your situation. It's tough being so young especially and being hit with such aggressive hair loss.

Have you considered trying to take it all down and seeing how you look? Combine this with hitting the gym and focusing on getting in some shape to help confidence this way. I know it's not the answer but a solid alternative to allow you to build up your confidence in other ways potentially.

Alternatives could be SMP or even a system for such extensive loss.

Have you considered or tried either ? Are you based in the UK as if so im happy to hook up with you for a coffee and a chat if this would help if nothing other than to be able to vent and discuss your issues surrounding your hair loss. I'm here to help if i can so keep your chin up dude!

Best Regards
    Spex

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Dear Spex,

Thank you for your kind words. Good things happen to good people, and you deserve having a full head of hair. I am happy for you.

I have never considered MicroPigmentation, but I really do not look good by clipping off all my hair...I am not handsome at all, and my body is thin, and dont gain muscle easily.... Really, the only alternative is what you mentioned...a piece....I will look more into it...

Thank you again Spex...You are a wonderful human being.

-FlightTL

p.s. I live in the USA, but thank you so much for offering to meet me....It shows how down to earth and kind you are.

FlightTL, Glad i could offer you some support. I know little about good systems or where to get them however I have met wearers and come across some impressive lace ones on guys with extensive loss so look into it and let us know how you get on.

Best Regards
    Spence

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Spex looks like he is 21 years old...I am happy for him.

I, however, am only 26, but look like I'm 45..People have made so many comments, 'oo you look so old', 'ooh my god, you look like your 50'...I'm super depressed...Plus I'm a fully bald norwood 7 so no hopes, and I'm not handsome at all.

I'm so depressed.
    Sorry to hear that, bro.

Lift weights. Make money. Grow and maintain facial hair. Keep your head "sharp" by shaving the horseshoe on the regular. Dress trendy/wear expensive clothes.

Yeah, yeah. There are guys on this forum who say that that is "compensating" -- and it is. But what exactly is wrong with compensating? It's not as if refraining from gaining muscle and refraining from making money is going to give you your hair back. Chicks compensate for an ugly face with make-up and hopefully possession of a nice fat ass. You can play that game too.

Compensate. Bettering yourself in other realms might help you find peace. It might not. I don't know. It's worth a shot. Is it really any different if a chick dated you for having money than a chick dating you for having hair on your head or a chick dating you for having a chiseled physique?

The only people on this forum who will tell you not to compensate are the ones who are so absolutely bewildered by their self-deprecation that their opinion on the matter isn't worth a shit anyways.

Wish you the best, dude. Today is the day to start bettering yourself however you can. Can't give up.

Oh, and Spex: Nice video. You're a chill dude. Frankly, I've always been opposed to HTs (for myself), but I could definitely live comfortably with hair comparable to yours. Let's see where I'm at with fin at the 1 year mark.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry to hear that, bro.

Lift weights. Make money. Grow and maintain facial hair. Keep your head "sharp" by shaving the horseshoe on the regular. Dress trendy/wear expensive clothes.

Yeah, yeah. There are guys on this forum who say that that is "compensating" -- and it is. But what exactly is wrong with compensating? It's not as if refraining from gaining muscle and refraining from making money is going to give you your hair back. Chicks compensate for an ugly face with make-up and hopefully possession of a nice fat ass. You can play that game too.

Compensate. Bettering yourself in other realms might help you find peace. It might not. I don't know. It's worth a shot. Is it really any different if a chick dated you for having money than a chick dating you for having hair on your head or a chick dating you for having a chiseled physique?

The only people on this forum who will tell you not to compensate are the ones who are so absolutely bewildered by their self-deprecation that their opinion on the matter isn't worth a shit anyways.

Wish you the best, dude. Today is the day to start bettering yourself however you can. Can't give up.

Oh, and Spex: Nice video. You're a chill dude. Frankly, I've always been opposed to HTs (for myself), but I could definitely live comfortably with hair comparable to yours. Let's see where I'm at with fin at the 1 year mark.
    Working to improve all facets of your life, body and mind is not compensating. Like BigThinker said, anyone who will tell you that it is has a warped opinion of reality.

Great video Spex! Talking about it helps so much!. TBT has been the best therapy for me, and it's because hearing people talk about it has always made me feel less alone with all of it.

The show has given me the courage to do the same in my personal life. Being open about it has literally set me free. Thanks again for the inspirational video, I think it will help a lot of the young guys.

spex.

Your video was excellent. Top notch. I would very much like to know more about you.

How old were you when you had your first HT?

What NW were you when you started?

Basically, a who you were were, what happened, and what it is like now.

Cheers guys.

Sorry for the delay ive been away on new exciting project which will fill you guys in on in due course.

All my info is out there however i will summarise here for you in brief.

My starting position :

4 x Strip surgeries with Bosley 500 grafts each time 2000/1
    1000 FUE with Dr Jones in Canada 2003/4

Left me with a pluggy, stalky unnatural look along with a sizeable strip scar and FUE scaring.

Dr Feller
    900+ FUE with Dr Feller 2006
    114 FUE into Bosley scar 2007
    Couple small FUE into scar with Dr Feller 2008

Dr Lindsey
    224 FUE into Forelock with Dr Lindsey 2011
    192 FUE into hairline pocket with Dr Lindsey 2011

Also i have been on finasteride 1mg for the past 13 years.

Now after all the surgery and 1mg finasteride :

Hope this helps Drybone - I have further pictures on my website.

Regards
    Spex

Doctor Representative
    UK available to meet London and south east.

That's a lot of hair! Happy for you.
    Representative for IAHRS Member, Dr. Chris Bisanga
    View Dr. Bisanga's IAHRS Profile