Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry to hear that, bro.

Lift weights. Make money. Grow and maintain facial hair. Keep your head "sharp" by shaving the horseshoe on the regular. Dress trendy/wear expensive clothes.

Yeah, yeah. There are guys on this forum who say that that is "compensating" -- and it is. But what exactly is wrong with compensating? It's not as if refraining from gaining muscle and refraining from making money is going to give you your hair back. Chicks compensate for an ugly face with make-up and hopefully possession of a nice fat ass. You can play that game too.

Compensate. Bettering yourself in other realms might help you find peace. It might not. I don't know. It's worth a shot. Is it really any different if a chick dated you for having money than a chick dating you for having hair on your head or a chick dating you for having a chiseled physique?

The only people on this forum who will tell you not to compensate are the ones who are so absolutely bewildered by their self-deprecation that their opinion on the matter isn't worth a shit anyways.

Wish you the best, dude. Today is the day to start bettering yourself however you can. Can't give up.

Oh, and Spex: Nice video. You're a chill dude. Frankly, I've always been opposed to HTs (for myself), but I could definitely live comfortably with hair comparable to yours. Let's see where I'm at with fin at the 1 year mark.
    Working to improve all facets of your life, body and mind is not compensating. Like BigThinker said, anyone who will tell you that it is has a warped opinion of reality.

Great video Spex! Talking about it helps so much!. TBT has been the best therapy for me, and it's because hearing people talk about it has always made me feel less alone with all of it.

The show has given me the courage to do the same in my personal life. Being open about it has literally set me free. Thanks again for the inspirational video, I think it will help a lot of the young guys.