+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Where are the ****ing treatments?

Is it even possible to surpress DHT without having to order shit from the russian mafia on the internet or risk side effects?

Jesus christ on a ****ing stick, where are the effective treatments? How hasn't science sorted this out by now?
    We can go to the ****ing moon and discover the god particle but we can't keep some ****ing keratin strands coming out of our scalps?

Are you trolling me, science?

All those promising 'cures' have turned out to be non starters, histogens failed, the others are lackluster at best and there's nothing even remotely promising around the corner, nothing.

It boggles the mind that pharma companies aren't on this like a bunch of fat kids on a free chocolate cake.
    The more suspicious might think they're making too much money from the crappy treatments we have to find a 'cure', but that just doesn't hold weight for me.
    They make a paltry sum from propecia and rogaine, I believe it's less than a billion a year?
    That's pocket change to these companies, considering there's multiple manufacturers of the products too.

Is there any hope?

I started losing my hair 15 years ago. Although I hated it like most of us in here, I figured a cure or decent treatments were not far away. 15 years ago!!! Have there really even been any advancements during that time. I sometimes hear in some of these threads that major treatments are not too far away. Yeah right.

And forget about a "natural cure" that you can take without side effects. No money in that. If(and that's a big IF) there ever is a cure, I can guarantee you it will be a drug that must be taken for the rest of your life and is expensive. The drug of course will have plenty of potential sides: impotence, cancer, developement of breasts, other stuff that is worse than hairloss, and of course more hair loss.

Well aren't you just a Negative Nancy?

Sorry, It's just getting rediculous. Not trying to make anybody lose hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    And forget about a "natural cure" that you can take without side effects. No money in that. If(and that's a big IF) there ever is a cure, I can guarantee you it will be a drug that must be taken for the rest of your life and is expensive. The drug of course will have plenty of potential sides: impotence, cancer, developement of breasts, other stuff that is worse than hairloss, and of course more hair loss.
    If the cure was to be found in nature I think someone would have noticed in the last 100,000 years of pattern baldness.

If there was a lifelong drug that 100% reversed MPB I would be happy to take it

It's mind-blowing it's 2013 and we can't keep our hair.

It's mostly painful to think that someday men will not have to worry about hair loss, but unfortunately that won't be the case for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    It's mind-blowing it's 2013 and we can't keep our hair.

It's mostly painful to think that someday men will not have to worry about hair loss, but unfortunately that won't be the case for me.
    We are probably the last generation that will have to deal with this.
    In fact if we all knew more about MPB before it happened to us, we might not be dealing with it. If I could go back in time I would have started DHT inhibs a year before any signs of loss.

If I ever have a son and there is not a cure yet for MPB, I am srsly going to make sure he understands the risk and how to stop it from happening long before he loses his first strand. If my dad did that for me my life would be significantly better right now

Inactive

You guys know what's even worse? EVERY effective treatment is either:
    a) An accidental discovery; the drug in question was being studied for something else. Hair regrowth was just a noticed side effect.
    b) Experimental and will likely never see FDA approval or widespread use.

I cannot think of a SINGLE effective treatment that was developed and crafted solely for the purpose of saving our hair. We are on the verge of curing AIDS but we cannot manage to come up with a foolproof method for keeping these little strands attached to our scalps. Amazing.

I know man it is truly depressing and mind boggling there is no sign of a cure in sight. Its crazy to me that they can clone animals and humans, but cannot stop male pattern baldness. This stuff is so depressing. I think about it all day. Today my 5 year old nephew asked me why I am bald. It sucks. I cannot use propecia because I get the worst sides. I messaged the sompany about the finasteride with the topical film, but got no response from them yet. It sounds real promising, but too good to be true.