+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Absolutely agree with this. It blows my mind that this is so hard to beat. We aren't even close. Maybe in 15 ****ing years.

All I ****ing need is something that will block scalp DHT without ****ing with my sebum DHT. How is that not available?!?!

People like Clan and I are in the very worst scenario. We still have some hair and we are willing to take finasteride, dut, RU, etc. but WE CAN'T BECAUSE OF SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS. It's the worst sort of hell, to see everyone around you stopping their hairloss and know you can't do shit about it, and to hear these other assholes talking shit as though we're afraid to take propecia. Drives me crazy.

I'm telling you guys, the cure is going to come from donor regeneration or hair multiplication. that will be in a decade. You're just not going to find anything that regrows your original hair, you'll have to get transplants. So it goes.

Truth.

it all sucks balls. I have £10,000 + for anyone with a solid baldness cure, come and get your money......

looks like no1 wants my money.

I think if BTT is still around in June 2023, the conversations and discussions on most of the forum will be pretty much identical to what goes on now. Yes, even the "does Gho's procedure work or not?" discussions.

It's depressing seeing old forum posts from the early 00's with people saying there will be a cure or much better treatment options available in the next ten years. Well, it is the next ten years. I know a lot of people would fork over a good percentage of their net worth for a new effective treatment. It's crazy. You'd figure capitalism would of sorted this out by now. Considering the amazing developments modern science has created it's perplexing that there are only a handful of options in 2013 for hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    It's depressing seeing old forum posts from the early 00's with people saying there will be a cure or much better treatment options available in the next ten years. Well, it is the next ten years. I know a lot of people would fork over a good percentage of their net worth for a new effective treatment. It's crazy. You'd figure capitalism would of sorted this out by now. Considering the amazing developments modern science has created it's perplexing that there are only a handful of options in 2013 for hairloss.
    Not only is there not a cure, there isn't even any extra treatment options, apart from dutasteride, which still hasn't been given a specific licence for hair loss treatment...

It does seem like all this kind of stuff moves way more slowly then people always claim. When someone says a possible treatment in 5 years you may as well add 10 or more to that for a realistic guess.
    Its not very cool that some stuff like RU just never gets finished even though it seems to work. Hopefully CB gets finished through all trials.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post

I agree. I'm hardly in the hardcore pessimist camp, but I agree that there's nothing more depressing than seeing how hopeful people were 10+ years ago. There were countless people who were convinced that they were going to essentially move on from the entire issue in a couple of years and the archaic transplant industry would be completely gone in the near future.
    That's why I advise every early sufferer to try and maintain if at all possible rather than living on hope. I recognize that not everyone will be able to maintain for various reasons (side effects, highly aggressive loss, etc.) but you don't want to be one of those guys that lets hope influence their decisions.

Let's look at a classic example:

"Washenik and Unger (and eventually others) could give us back a very good head of hair if cell therapy works as they say it will. This will mean the end of transplants for everyone accept those who need hair to grow in scar tissue. Cell therapy will not grow hair in scar tissue, but it will rejuvinate your existing follicles to produce healthy hair once again. The dermal papilla (DP) cells are the magic bullet in this treatment. I can not understate the importance of what is upon us. It is very likely that we, for the first time in mankind's history, will be able to get most of our hair back in the foreseeable future. Doctors like Ken Washenik and Walter Unger are true pioneers approaching the new frontier on our behalf. I for one am hopping on their bandwagon. Go west, young man...and don't forget your comb, you're going to need it! "

When was that post written? Five years ago? Nope. Back in 2001. The sad thing is that there appears to have been a debate between the optimists who thought they were getting their hair back in the next year or two and the "pessimists" who thought they were going to have wait five years.
    The reality is that nothing worked out and countless people are still padding their bank accounts by simply moving hair from one part of the scalp to the other.

At some point there is obviously going to be a huge leap forward, but we have to resist the urge to let hope get in the way of reality. Easier said than done, I know...

Source:
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...E=&STARTPAGE=3

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Research and progress stifled by the hair transplant industry. Think of it, a bona fide sure treatment to regrow a full mop would no doubt put them out of business. haha!

Seriously, I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it is ridiculous that we have absolutely nothing new in the way of treatments. I guess I will just have to put all my faith into fin for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Research and progress stifled by the hair transplant industry. Think of it, a bona fide sure treatment to regrow a full mop would no doubt put them out of business. haha!

Seriously, I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it is ridiculous that we have absolutely nothing new in the way of treatments. I guess I will just have to put all my faith into fin for the time being.
    The HT industry does not have the pulling power to influence the pharma companies, if those guys want to make a cure, they'll make it and the little independents moving follicles around will be out of business.