+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Also, sorry thechamp for hijacking your thread. And sorry for the pictures being so big, if a mod feels like they are too big feel free to delete them, i couldn't figure out a way to make them smaller

thechamps thread ******ing sucks, I wouldn't apologize for hijacking it.

The implications surrounding having experienced hair loss at a young age is far more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    the fact that i started so young (before i even had turned 16) makes me think that i'll probably end up a NW7, but on the other hand the hairloss history in my family isn't that bad, and my hairline has been like this for like a year so i'm kinda thinking and praying it might have stopped... i'll include some pictures if anyone want's to see my hairline
    Man what the hell, I, along with some others of my age, already had that early NW3 pattern going on when I was 19 and ten years later (but still, before I jumped on any medications), the only thing which made this pattern look more prominent was the development of the "mature hairline". So I'm just saying, I suspect a receding hairline is a poor indication of how fast you're going to lose it, as opposed to if you have thinning zones.

Tho from the pictures, I can't tell if your lower temples are thinning or if you just have naturally a bit narrow temple points...

@ iH8d0ugh
    Why can't you use fin or dut?? And why don't you use rogaine?
    Seriously, from 18 to 20 i used fin and that gave me horrible sides,
    20 to 21 i used minoxidil alone, greaaat results, but then huge shedding cuz of discontinuing use.
    Today i'm using 0.25mg fin since 7month(no more sides) + rogaine + PGD2 blocker and have some great results.
    Dude you are young, do everything you can to keep your hair, because :
    - As i said stopping hairloss is faaaaaaar different from regrowing hair
    -AND the most important YOU still have hair!!!!

I have an idea, we can all cut our hairy ballbags off, stretch them and staple them to our heads.

Quote Originally Posted by bibz View Post
    @ iH8d0ugh
    20 to 21 i used minoxidil alone, greaaat results, but then huge shedding cuz of discontinuing use.
    Today i'm using 0.25mg fin since 7month(no more sides) + rogaine + PGD2 blocker and have some great results.
    I am a huge advocate of preventative medicine like fin but this dude is only 16. DHT is one of the primary hormones involved in the development of secondary sex traits and at 16 he is still developing. Have you ever heard of congenital 5-α-reductase deficiency? It is a genetic disorder that causes pseudohermaphroditism, basically it results in boys with underdeveloped male genitalia due to the lack of DHT. Now mind you he has probably already gone through puberty, but messing with DHT levels at his age would be reckless. That is why he would never get a prescription for fin from any reputable doctor at his age. I looked into taking fin when I was his age and my doctor told me there was no way in hell, and to come back and see him in a few years.

Rogaine would probably be a good idea though, he could possible have a lot of regrowth.

DHT is not completely understood that is a fact. Is it dangerous to inhibit it? No one knows long term but I wouldnt do it if we had other options but we dont which is what makes the choice so difficult. At least wait until your 21 or so.

For a 16 year old, yes it is, in fact, dangerous to inhibit it. To say otherwise would be ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by bibz View Post
    @ iH8d0ugh
    I want to but there would be no way that i could ever get ahold of fin or dut, and besides, like other have mentoined these drugs at my age could **** me up big time. I have a bottle of Rogaine at home that i could start using, but a bottle of rogaine costs 80 dollars for 60 ml. If i could get some cheap generic version from Amazon that would be great. (I live in Sweden)

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I am a huge advocate of preventative medicine like fin but this dude is only 16. DHT is one of the primary hormones involved in the development of secondary sex traits and at 16 he is still developing. Have you ever heard of congenital 5-α-reductase deficiency? It is a genetic disorder that causes pseudohermaphroditism, basically it results in boys with underdeveloped male genitalia due to the lack of DHT. Now mind you he has probably already gone through puberty, but messing with DHT levels at his age would be reckless. That is why he would never get a prescription for fin from any reputable doctor at his age. I looked into taking fin when I was his age and my doctor told me there was no way in hell, and to come back and see him in a few years.

Rogaine would probably be a good idea though, he could possible have a lot of regrowth.
    That scares me of the drugs at the moment, but the fact that i'm 16 and started losing my hair about a year ago kinda shows that my body developed early..but yeah i wouldn't even be able to get any of the drugs so i cant use them anyways. I could get on rogain, but like i said in a previous reply it's expensive as shit in sweden.