+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Applying minox 1x a day?

What are people's experiences with applying minox only 1x a day? I want to avoid using it in the morning if possible due to styling. But I am afraid this will compromise effectiveness.

Also did you use the foam or liquid? and what other treatments did/do you use with it?

Inactive

In for responses. I HATE minox. I am honestly close to replacing topical applications with an oral dose but I am afraid I would experience a shed in doing so. People say oral has insane effectiveness but it acts everywhere, more or less. And I already have excess body hair so I would probably have to jump in a vat of Nair every week.

lol oral minox scares me 10x more than dut/fin ever did.

I also hate the topical though. Tried Kirkland's for a little while, seemed allergic, quit. But I am srsly considering trying a different brand at this point, I need to maximize regrowth for the next year. However I have read some accounts of minox ruining people's hairlines and then the hair not coming back after a year of use, which freaks me out....wondering if 1x vs 2x daily application has anything to do with it?

I'm at almost 8 months of using foam 1x a day and have some good thickening/regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    I'm at almost 8 months of using foam 1x a day and have some good thickening/regrowth.
    Hey thanks for your reply, how does the foam affect your styling?

Edit: Also what other treatment do you use? & where on your scalp do you apply the foam?

To me, the foam seems to have a mousse/thickening effect and I use it in the morning before work to style for the rest of the day.

I apply it all over, hairline to crown. I'm actually not sure if the "regrowth" I'm seeing is hair from my recent shed coming back or actual regrowth but its happening all along my hairline so that's good either way. I also have been taking fin for a little over a year.

Supposed to be used twice a day. Doubt you'll see the true benefits using it 50% of the time you're supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    lol oral minox scares me 10x more than dut/fin ever did.

I also hate the topical though. Tried Kirkland's for a little while, seemed allergic, quit. But I am srsly considering trying a different brand at this point, I need to maximize regrowth for the next year. However I have read some accounts of minox ruining people's hairlines and then the hair not coming back after a year of use, which freaks me out....wondering if 1x vs 2x daily application has anything to do with it?
    I hear you with regards to your last sentence. I've heard that too and that's what scares me away from minoxidil. Plus, I haven't seen anyone experience that great of results with minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    To me, the foam seems to have a mousse/thickening effect and I use it in the morning before work to style for the rest of the day.

I apply it all over, hairline to crown. I'm actually not sure if the "regrowth" I'm seeing is hair from my recent shed coming back or actual regrowth but its happening all along my hairline so that's good either way. I also have been taking fin for a little over a year.
    So the foam is like a styling aid for you, interesting. How is its hold compared to like a weak hairspray?
    Also does it have a clumping effect on hair? I tend not to use gel because it clumps hairs together and that tends to expose the scalp in areas

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeo View Post
    Supposed to be used twice a day. Doubt you'll see the true benefits using it 50% of the time you're supposed to.
    Yes that is definitely a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I hear you with regards to your last sentence. I've heard that too and that's what scares me away from minoxidil. Plus, I haven't seen anyone experience that great of results with minoxidil.
    The good results I have seen always seem to combine the minox with a DHT inhib. I am hoping I might gain some ground this way, but yeah, the thought of permanently shedding worries me like crazy

You could put it on when your hair is wet, and when it dries out you will style it.