Applying minox 1x a day?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pentarou
    • Apr 2013

Your regrowth on minox (or more specifically, the regrowth you will get for the dosage of minox you are using) will peak at the 4 months mark.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
      • Oct 2012

What makes you say that?

I'm at month 8 and noticing some regrowth that was not present at month 4

Comment

• jackk
        • Oct 2011

Not true. It can take far longer than 4 months. It varies from one person to another. It depends on how fast your growth cycle is and how aggressive your mpb is.

Comment

• swingline747
          • Apr 2013

would switching from liquid to foam cause any issues with shedding or transitioning?

Comment

• Breaking Bald
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
            Your regrowth on minox (or more specifically, the regrowth you will get for the dosage of minox you are using) will peak at the 4 months mark.
            Absolute nonsense!

I have been using Rogaine once a day, but it's too early to tell if it doing anything for me yet.

Comment

• Chromeo
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
              I dunno, chromeo, lots of people have success with once a day.
              IMO, anyone seeing success from applying minox once a day is seeing only half the success they would be seeing if they applied it properly.

Comment

• swingline747
                • Apr 2013

I have been thinking of using the foam in the morning before work so it will dry quicker and the liquid after work so I dont have to worry.
                Think theyw ill conflict with each other.

Comment

• Chromeo
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by swingline747
                  I have been thinking of using the foam in the morning before work so it will dry quicker and the liquid after work so I dont have to worry.
                  Think theyw ill conflict with each other.
                  I don't see why they would.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                    • Oct 2012

Chromeo, true, that's one view point.

To counter that, does one see more results from taking 2mg finasteride a day instead of one? No, not really.

I'm sure it all comes down to the individual. Once a day seems to be working for me

Comment

• Dan26
                      • Jul 2012

Planning on starting minoxidle sulphate in KB solution in the near future. If I get results I will post em!

Comment

• Chromeo
                        • Dec 2012

Chromeo, true, that's one view point.

To counter that, does one see more results from taking 2mg finasteride a day instead of one? No, not really.

I'm sure it all comes down to the individual. Once a day seems to be working for me
                        Good point, but did you actually try applying twice a day? Was it irritating your skin, or was it just not practical? Or are you just worried about applying it too often?

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                          • Oct 2012

I went about 10 months doing it 2x a day, quit because I started fin and thought they did the same thing. after 3 months of huge shedding from quitting rogaine, I started using again 1x a day and have been for about 8 months. Starting to get back to where I was with some regrowth but probably wont get all the way back to where i was before all that shedding, Probably lost a lot of gains for good I think.

Once a day is just a lot easier and less expensive. I hate that ~hour or so it takes for minox to dry, just stuck at my apt waiting around.

Comment

• Dan26
                            • Jul 2012

I went about 10 months doing it 2x a day, quit because I started fin and thought they did the same thing. after 3 months of huge shedding from quitting rogaine, I started using again 1x a day and have been for about 8 months. Starting to get back to where I was with some regrowth but probably wont get all the way back to where i was before all that shedding, Probably lost a lot of gains for good I think.

Once a day is just a lot easier and less expensive. I hate that ~hour or so it takes for minox to dry, just stuck at my apt waiting around.
                            Hey man, a good solution to that would be to buy the raw powder, and use KB as a vehicle. KB has no PG in it, so it is easier on your scalp. It is mostly ethanol, some water too. Dries very vast, and is unnoticeable.

Raw powder extremely cheap. $25 plus shipping for 50g, which would last you years lol. Although, KB is $190 for 500ml. Still though, that would last you 500 days if you use 1ml per day, 250 days if you use 2ml day.

The one drawback of this is you have to buy a scale and measure out your own solution. It is easy though.

Comment

• mmmcoffee
                              • Oct 2012

So to clarify, I use the foam, so no PG, and it doesn't irritate my scalp. I hate the hour it takes to dry, but love it once its dry, acts almost like a mousse to me. I just don't want to do that hour of waiting twice. It's fine in the morning as I'm getting ready for work

Comment

• Dan26
                                • Jul 2012

So to clarify, I use the foam, so no PG, and it doesn't irritate my scalp. I hate the hour it takes to dry, but love it once its dry, acts almost like a mousse to me. I just don't want to do that hour of waiting twice. It's fine in the morning as I'm getting ready for work
                                Ahh k nvm then your good lol, assumed you were using liquid and the greasiness of PG was a problem

Comment

Working...