+ Reply to Thread

Question Don't you want the shed from Dutas?!?

6/27 marks 90 days on Dr. Reddy's Dutas 0.5MG. w/ Minoxidil 1x per day. I was taking Finasteride 5MG per day w/ Minoxidil 1x per day.

I am dealing with a NASTY shed, while also seeing what I believe to be some new SMALL white baby hairs along my hairline. Seems crazy to have both at the same time!!!

I see posts from folks who started Dutasteride and stopped because of shedding. My question is, why would people stop treatment? (From everything I have read, shedding is a sign that whatever treatment you are using is working.)

Thank you

Shedding can also happen due to hair cycles synchronizing. IMO it is neither a good thing not a bad thing.

May the hair be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post
    6/27 marks 90 days on Dr. Reddy's Dutas 0.5MG. w/ Minoxidil 1x per day. I was taking Finasteride 5MG per day w/ Minoxidil 1x per day.

I am dealing with a NASTY shed, while also seeing what I believe to be some new SMALL white baby hairs along my hairline. Seems crazy to have both at the same time!!!

I see posts from folks who started Dutasteride and stopped because of shedding. My question is, why would people stop treatment? (From everything I have read, shedding is a sign that whatever treatment you are using is working.)

Thank you
    Yes I have 4.5 months on dut and have a similar situation. Diffuse shedding along my hairline/temples but tiny vellus hairs in front of that.

It is to be expected for this kind of treatment, but I understand why some guys can not take it and just quit. It is srsly messing with my mood to watch my years of fin+keto progress start reversing. If it gets to the point where I can no longer style my hair I will flip out.
    But I am determined to stay on dut. I will not be one of those guys who quits 4-6 months into a treatment right after a shed....that is literally the exact opposite of how DHT inhibs should be used

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Yes I have 4.5 months on dut and have a similar situation. Diffuse shedding along my hairline/temples but tiny vellus hairs in front of that.

It is to be expected for this kind of treatment, but I understand why some guys can not take it and just quit. It is srsly messing with my mood to watch my years of fin+keto progress start reversing. If it gets to the point where I can no longer style my hair I will flip out.
    But I am determined to stay on dut. I will not be one of those guys who quits 4-6 months into a treatment right after a shed....that is literally the exact opposite of how DHT inhibs should be used
    Thank you for not only answering my question, but for also sharing your results! Good to see someone else is having a similar experience (gives me hope we are both on the path to regrowth!!!)

I'm curious, are you using "generic" Dutasteride as I am... and if so from where are you purchasing it?

I have an rx for Avodart. However I did buy some Dutagen online and started taking it along with my Avo just the other day (1 mg dut every day in theory, but I am not sure if this Dutagen stuff is legit or not).

I also use 1.25 mg Proscar every day, and 2% keto shampoo every 3 days.

I do hope we both get regrowth as the shed is quite depressing.

Did you buy the Dutagen from Inhouse Phamacy?

From what I have read, another member on this site (I think it's Aames?)buys Dutas from them and if I read his posts correctly, his blood work has shown a drop in DHT.

I use Nizoral 1% every 3 days.

The shed is depressing! I'm hoping those vellus hairs we are both seeing is a sign of things to come...

Quote Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post
    Did you buy the Dutagen from Inhouse Phamacy?

From what I have read, another member on this site (I think it's Aames?)buys Dutas from them and if I read his posts correctly, his blood work has shown a drop in DHT.

I use Nizoral 1% every 3 days.

The shed is depressing! I'm hoping those vellus hairs we are both seeing is a sign of things to come...
    Yes I bought Dutagen from Inhouse. I know Aames' DHT levels seemed low on Dutas but that is a different manufacturer, Dr. Reddy's I think? Dutagen is made by Ranbaxy which has gotten some bad press recently.

However PatientlyWaiting uses Dutagen+minox and started getting impressive results in almost no time. So his case gives me hope.

Maybe I need to use minox or maybe I am overusing keto shampoo. I keep hearing people say to only use the 2% keto every 1 week, or even less often. I just do not understand this since the studies showing its effectiveness for MPB were looking at 2-4x per week.

I started finasteride 3 months ago also...im only taking 0.25 mg/d as all the clinical dosing details show this is a good dose. Anyway...im still having a shed but noticed some new hair regrowth in my hairline. Figured my hair is responding well, but lose more hair everyday over my scalp. Obviously will continue but its a bit confusing

I was going to do a proper update with photos as I did before after using minox and the other one I can't remember the name of for the life of me but was very good (The german topical)

Im now just using Dutagen from inhouse 0,5/day as I got lazy with the topicals but might go back to using them but at this point feel there is little point as I have defintely had a very positive response from the Duta. What I consider significant regrowth at the temples which are terminal and strong hairs and overall the thickness of the rest of my hair has increased.

I have had no side effects whatsoever unlike with fin, but this could be dose related I admit and maybe taking 1mg od of fin is not required.

Having my hair cut a little shorter does make it look a lot better regardless.

I'm happy to post some more pics if people want to see. Maybe you will say its all in my head lol but my family have commented, even people who had no idea I was treating MPB.

I don't think anyone should be doubting inhouse pharmacy. You can tell from the products they are willing to sell compared with other online pharmacies that they have a bit more integrity and I also use another product from them which is absolutely legit. I can't recommend them enough and no, Im not on commision

Oh and to keep it on topic. I never had a shed from the duta, Maybe it was because I started with minox and the other one which of course did cause shed but nothing after starting duta.