+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    OMG this is more than big news!

Remember the method Tsuji lab used to grow hair follicles? They grew the hair germs to maturity by implanting it into the subrenal capsules of a mouse. They then extracted these mature hair germs and implanted it on the back of another mouse using the FUT method!

Where they're stuck is how do we grow these germs to maturity in humans? We can't use the patient's kidneys to do it? So what's the solution?

This new technique may very well be what Tsuji lab was waiting for! Assuming all risks are taken into account, these trials will be revoltionising medicine as we know it!

It wont matter whether baldness is an aesthetic condition rather than a medical one! If we can grow hair germ follicles, if the technology is there then there's nothing stopping it from coming to the market!

We have to think outside the box as Nigam does. We have to try different methods and not fear the unknown but embrace it, experiment with it!

Some may say we are playing God! Don't forget God may have made us based on his own image! Human beings are amazing creatures.

We had a Professor that always used to end his lectures with this line:

“When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for you to stand upon or you will be taught to fly.” - Patrick Overton

Even if we don't end up flying...we MUST take the leap into darkness
    You really have the best posts, Desmond. I especially like your quote "We have to think outside the box as Nigam does. We have to try different methods and not fear the unknown but embrace it, experiment with it!". We have to focus on other methods to regrow hair and not simply focus on hair transplants and derivatives of moving hair from one place to another. And that's what I like about Dr. Nigam; at least he is willing to explore other methods for hair restoration.

And that Patrick Overton quote is very profound.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Depends how much of a stink women make about hair loss. Nobody cares about mens problems.
    I tend to agree with you. Women's hair loss is treated with compassion and empathy yet men's hair loss is ridiculed and joked about. This double standard is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    OMG this is more than big news!

Remember the method Tsuji lab used to grow hair follicles? They grew the hair germs to maturity by implanting it into the subrenal capsules of a mouse. They then extracted these mature hair germs and implanted it on the back of another mouse using the FUT method!

Where they're stuck is how do we grow these germs to maturity in humans? We can't use the patient's kidneys to do it? So what's the solution?

This new technique may very well be what Tsuji lab was waiting for! Assuming all risks are taken into account, these trials will be revoltionising medicine as we know it!

It wont matter whether baldness is an aesthetic condition rather than a medical one! If we can grow hair germ follicles, if the technology is there then there's nothing stopping it from coming to the market!

We have to think outside the box as Nigam does. We have to try different methods and not fear the unknown but embrace it, experiment with it!

Some may say we are playing God! Don't forget God may have made us based on his own image! Human beings are amazing creatures.

We had a Professor that always used to end his lectures with this line:

“When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for you to stand upon or you will be taught to fly.” - Patrick Overton

Even if we don't end up flying...we MUST take the leap into darkness
    If you grow a follicle on a pig, then transplant it, will the human body eventually reject it, as it is a foreign organ?

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Your baldness is starting to distort reality. How do women control the world, when men have always and still do control the vast majority of all the wealth and power in the world? Sure when chicks are young and good looking they have a lot of power over men, but beauty fades. Men make more money, have more rights, and more freedom in every country in the world.
    To pay you with the same money: you should get a short cut because all this hair covering your eyes does not let you see what's going on around.

Who talked about women controlling the world, having wealth and power, keeping men in shadow? This appears only in your message, even if you say it only in order to deny it (which is correct). I talked about much power when it comes to aesthetics business. Much of this industry revolves around women, they are the dominant force in this market. All I am saying is that if there was pressure from the part of women about men's hair loss, a solution would already be available; or at least hair systems for men would be perfected and more acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    If you grow a follicle on a pig, then transplant it, will the human body eventually reject it, as it is a foreign organ?
    Here is an answer in simple words.

I do not understand why this is posted on the bald truth talk forum. I asked my dermatologist about transplanting someones hair to anothers persons head. He said that this was impossible. Why should this work? Im always open but i dont want to become happy for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    I do not understand why this is posted on the bald truth talk forum. I asked my dermatologist about transplanting someones hair to anothers persons head. He said that this was impossible. Why should this work? Im always open but i dont want to become happy for nothing.
    Obviously you missed the link I posted previously. Here is the crucial excerpt:

"[The success of pig-human transplants] has very little to do with whether there's a two per cent or 20 per cent difference in the genome sequence — if those numbers actually meant anything anyway — the main barrier is caused by just one gene," says Moran.

That gene is called galactose-alpha-1,3,galactotransferase — gal-transferase for short . All mammals except humans and higher apes have a working version of gal-transferase, which coats cells with an antigen (a molecule that our immune system reacts to). This means if pig tissue is transplanted into humans our immune system will mount a drastic rejection response as our bodies detect the antigen and attack it.

Scientists have come up with a solution to stop tissue rejection: genetically modifying the pigs by eliminating the gal-transferase gene. A few more human genes are also added to the pigs to make the pig tissue even more acceptable to our immune system.

I had no idea about it before, but this is what says a professor of animal genetics.

wow now i get it. So this means that they could eliminate the gal-transferase gene if we would transfer hair from human to human?

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    wow now i get it. So this means that they could eliminate the gal-transferase gene if we would transfer hair from human to human?
    Something like that I guess. Genetic modifications can do wonders, but there are regulations also holding them back.

man F those people who created the legislations. Siriously i am aware of the cons genetic mods can bring but people forget that it can really help us improve our health care.

So are they giving these scientists the permission to start the research? the guy in the article talked about growing an organ in 1 year? how long do you think it will take them to grow hair?