+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

man F those people who created the legislations. Siriously i am aware of the cons genetic mods can bring but people forget that it can really help us improve our health care.

So are they giving these scientists the permission to start the research? the guy in the article talked about growing an organ in 1 year? how long do you think it will take them to grow hair?

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    how long do you think it will take them to grow hair?
    It is almost done. If I remember well, they already grew human hair on mice, so I guess it must be trivial to do it on pigs also. But this is just a guess needing confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    It is almost done. If I remember well, they already grew human hair on mice, so I guess it must be trivial to do it on pigs also. But this is just a guess needing confirmation.

http://www.newser.com/story/144342/s...-on-mouse.html

They just need to mass produce the hairs on pigs.

If they even do succeed I ain't eating that pig. No way man. That is some wierd pseudo-cannibalism shit. But guess what will they do with those pigs. Sure some might say those are still pigs, with few more human genes, and keeping human organs inside. I'm still gonna take those organs I just won't eat pork anymore....

However this is all still in infancy... And too much of wishful thinking from our part.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Your baldness is starting to distort reality. How do women control the world, when men have always and still do control the vast majority of all the wealth and power in the world? Sure when chicks are young and good looking they have a lot of power over men, but beauty fades. Men make more money, have more rights, and more freedom in every country in the world.
    I don't think women or men as a particular sex are controlling the world. I do think some men and women have a good influence on the inner workings of the world.
    However if you are a man with power and money I don't think hair is gonna be your problem.
    Take Putin and Berlusconi for example. Their main worries aren't hair related.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post

However if you are a man with power and money I don't think hair is gonna be your problem.
    Take Putin and Berlusconi for example. Their main worries aren't hair related.
    Haha if you said something to Putin about his hair he would probably have you killed in some Siberian death camp, and Berlusconi would probably rape you, lol

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Haha if you said something to Putin about his hair he would probably have you killed in some Siberian death camp, and Berlusconi would probably rape you, lol
    He doesn't seem to realise that not everyone is going to have as much status as those guys. Which is why we need to build value in other ways; looks.

Essentially it comes down to value and it's a balancing act.

If you have looks, you can have less value with status. If you have status and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Damn they blow these findings out of proportion just like they do with mpb, high-molecular-mass hyaluronan has been studied so many times. The research into it could really be a big thing, but this article makes it seem like they cured cancer, close up shop its solved, lol. Sounds like the next five years story. Sharks don't get cancer either but I guess they're a little more frisky.

I will say though I worked in a lab where other researchers were working with naked mole rats and they are about the weirdest damn things I've ever seen, crazy little f*ckers

You know what guys?

I was thinking. This can make more good things possible:

like soldiers who lost limbs, people who got their bodyparts mutilated, penis transplantations.

I hope it works

Okay Im just going to ask: Do you guys think Penis Transplantations will be possible with this technique?