+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Wow

That guy Joe's looks undetectable. I have only temple and hairline loss so I definitely would consider that instead of waiting for something to come out.

The 'shock' of people finding out and the stigma about disclosing it to people is what stops me.

I wore one for a good few years. I regretted it everyday and it was seriously expensive too.

I felt as if people knew I had it and it was a nightmare. I found myself unable to make eye contact with people close up to me because I didn't want to see them looking up!

The day I shaved my head combined with a transplant was the best thing I ever did.

Obviously everyone is different and yes some can look great, but paranoia will set in at some point, trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    I wore one for a good few years. I regretted it everyday and it was seriously expensive too.

I felt as if people knew I had it and it was a nightmare. I found myself unable to make eye contact with people close up to me because I didn't want to see them looking up!

The day I shaved my head combined with a transplant was the best thing I ever did.

Obviously everyone is different and yes some can look great, but paranoia will set in at some point, trust me!
    Yeah that does worry me. There are a couple of the guys at work I worry might detect it. However I would only need a little bit at each temple to pull off a good result.

I do worry what action I would take as my hair loss progresses though.

Ah what a shit dilemma!

This is one of the reasons I would never do it with the existing solutions. I understand though that many guys would go that route. It is really pity that there is such a stigma going with it.

You say its the best thing you ever did, yet even after shaving and a HT you are on this site. It just goes to show the long term mental addiction the search for good hair can have.

I personally might resort to a hair system, i just have to time it right, and also the agony of walking arnd with scars/and or shit results for a year or so with a transplant is just not something i think i could handle

Whats up Gareth Bale?

how things going brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    some simple propositions to consider:

P1. having hair is more attractive than being bald.
    P2. if a bald man uses a futuristic hair system, he has hair.
    P3. if a bald man does not use a futuristic hair system, he remains bald.
    C1: therefore, if a bald man uses a futuristic hair system, he is more attractive.
    C2: and if a bald man does not use a futuristic hair system, he is less attractive.

P4: futuristic hair systems are undetectable to all but the user.
    P5: if a hair system is undetectable, no one can differentiate it from one's actual hair.
    P6: if people cannot differentiate a hair system from one's actual hair, it makes no difference to them that the hair is not the user's actual hair.
    P7: if it makes no difference to people that the hair system is not the user's actual hair, then the only difference exists in the mind of the user.
    P8: if the user does not care about the difference, he will exist both externally and internally as though he had never lost his hair to begin with.
    P9: if he exists both externally and internally as though he had never lost his hair to begin with, he is functionally cured.
    C3: therefore, if a bald man uses a futuristic hair system and does not care about the difference, he is functionally cured.

P10: being a NW7 is more noticeable than having a futuristic hair system.
    P11: one should worry more about people noticing flaws that are more noticeable.
    C4: therefore, one should worry more about being a NW7 than having a futuristic hair system.

other factors:

1. it costs less to own and maintain a futuristic hair system than to undergo hair transplant surgery.
    2. the results of a futuristic hair system are aesthetically superior to any current hair transplant surgery.
    3. a futuristic hair system is safer than propecia, rogaine, et al.
    4. a futuristic hair system provides better results than propecia, rogaine, et al.
    5. a futuristic hair system can be discontinued upon the arrival of the actual cure.
    6. it is easier to invent a futuristic hair system than it is to cure male pattern baldness.
    7. current hair systems are already undetectable. all that is needed is improvement of the hairline, ease of application, and longevity. surely these problems could be solved in a year with the right minds. we're taking something that actually exists and optimizing it rather than pursuing a genetic wild goose chase with no end in sight.

at the very least, this could hold us over until HM or 100 percent donor regeneration + scarless FUE. if dr. nigam or dr. gho was turning NW7's into native density NW1's things would be different, but i have yet to see anything remotely close to that. and none of the big companies have anything close to a cure, nor will they be around any time soon. and i'm sick of risking my health with these drugs. it's actually a pretty rational option, perhaps more rational than any other treatment. it's just associated with negative stigmas, and if you can get over that, it's no different than having your teeth whitened or your beard shaved or going to a tanning bed or any other cosmetic treatment men do...
    Excellent post. Its logic is beyond dispute.

It would be great if a hair system was invented along the lines that Conpecia describes.

Ideally, hair system technology would evolve to such an extent that it would link up with biology to invent a base for a hairpiece that is made from your own stem cells that have been cloned and then formed into real skin, that can be permanently attached to the scalp for life, yet still allow the scalp to breath, and also to allow water and shampoo to pass through this base to your scalp for scalp cleaning purposes.

The hair that is attached to this base would be synthetic hair that looked and behaved like real hair, and would never become dull or "worn out" like real-hair hairpieces do.