+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    How many guys like me have to fecking deal with hair loss which starts at age 16. AGE ****ING 16. I was a ****ing kid. Now I am 28 and I have nothing on top, I have the hair of an 80 year old man.

The few of us that have to deal with this shit so young......I must be at the bottom of this baldness bullshit, starting so young and now already as bald as I can possibly get.

I either just have to deal with it, or spend my life savings on a hair transplant. Even then I am so far gone a hair transplant may not do much for me.

From going from a guy that got loads of attention from girls, several of them hot when I was younger but now I'm a depressed recluse who has had no action or relationship for fecking years now.

I might as well shoot my self in the face with a shotgun.
    Get into great shape and go for older women (30+). Take back control of your life and emotions my friend, you have it in you.

25-where are you in Norwood land? I got same deal here, I am 26 years old, thinning in a diffuse NW5 pattern sort of like Prince William/Pete Sampras type.

I took fin for 1.5 years but I got maintenance/mild regression I think, so over the past few months, I've switched to taking Dutas every morning and alternating fin and Avodart at night, just in case my Dutas is fake.

I want to wait a few more mos before adding anything. If I get stability, I will look into HT's - with a conservative outlook. I have coarse, thick donor hair, so we'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    This recent haircut has pushed me over the edge, it is time to end this bullshit.

I am sick to death of walking the line between style and coverage. Handcrafting my f*cking temples and hairline EVERY DAY for YEARS. And when it is done it still does not look anywhere near as good as it could if I never had MPB....there is just not enough for an ideal style. I can cover the loss up, which makes it look like I have a bad sense of hair aesthetics, or I can have a good style except it is not good because THERE IS NOT ENOUGH HAIR TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

I just popped this sketchy Dutagen I ordered. Was going to send it in for analysis and wait for results, but f*ck it. If I have no weird reactions to this capsule I will prolly start popping like 3 Dutagen a day on top of my Avodart and Proscar.

There is not enough time left to f*ck around anymore. If meds can not get me where I need to be in a year I will seriously consider what I never wanted to do: surgery.

Oh except I am a diffuse thinner and might possibly have DUPA, so maybe surgery is out of the question for me anyway. Maybe I should just go full experimental and pop like 5mg dutasteride daily.

For awhile I fooled myself into believing my current hair is acceptable, just because it was improved over when it was at its worst. Just because I can style to hide the loss. It is not acceptable, MPB is not acceptable. It is, as Spencer might say, cancer of the soul. It needs to be destroyed.

Edit- I am in a bad mood
    Didnt fin help you maintain?

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    25-where are you in Norwood land? I got same deal here, I am 26 years old, thinning in a diffuse NW5 pattern sort of like Prince William/Pete Sampras type.

I took fin for 1.5 years but I got maintenance/mild regression I think, so over the past few months, I've switched to taking Dutas every morning and alternating fin and Avodart at night, just in case my Dutas is fake.

I want to wait a few more mos before adding anything. If I get stability, I will look into HT's - with a conservative outlook. I have coarse, thick donor hair, so we'll see I guess.
    I am like NW1.5 on one side, 2 on the other. Hairline is not that bad, the problem is diffuse loss, including along the temples (worse on 1 side) and parts of the hairline (corners especially, and again, worse on 1 side).
    I think I might have DUPA actually. Feels bad. I style my hair to conceal the loss but it has been getting hard since I have had some shedding, probably from starting dut.

I turned 28 last month, have been fighting AGA since 23. I am lucky I saved as much hair as I have but I would do anything to get my "real hair" back

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Didnt fin help you maintain?
    Yes fin actually reversed the diffusion to a point. Some days I just get very depressed about what hair I never managed to save/get back, and lately it has been worse since I am med shedding from dut (I think)

Inactive

I've been shedding too, mate. Thought it was another drug I was taking but I discontinued it a month ago and haven't noticed a difference. Maybe I am overreacting. I read about people losing 50+ hairs in the shower. I would probably jump off of a bridge if I experienced that. I never lose more than a few strands here and there but it drives me insane.