+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Republic View Post
    How long have you been at it?
    um, i think since summer 2013

I had some amazing regrowth last year after a few months of taking 3mg oral melatonin at night time (also on the big 3, laser comb, and other supplements). I began to shed all the gains within a couple of months of stopping the melatonin even though I was still using the big 3 and laser comb. I've since began taking melatonin at bedtime for the past 2 months and although I can't see a massive improvement, I have noticed a few new hairs around my hairline that look like they're darkening. Could be a coincidence or normal cycle of hair regrowth, there's no way to be certain.

Maybe melatonin could indirectly improve hair (and other aspects of general health) through improving sleep and reducing stress effects. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my sleep and consequently a reduction in stress/anxieties since taking it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    I had some amazing regrowth last year after a few months of taking 3mg oral melatonin at night time (also on the big 3, laser comb, and other supplements). I began to shed all the gains within a couple of months of stopping the melatonin even though I was still using the big 3 and laser comb. I've since began taking melatonin at bedtime for the past 2 months and although I can't see a massive improvement, I have noticed a few new hairs around my hairline that look like they're darkening. Could be a coincidence or normal cycle of hair regrowth, there's no way to be certain.

Maybe melatonin could indirectly improve hair (and other aspects of general health) through improving sleep and reducing stress effects. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my sleep and consequently a reduction in stress/anxieties since taking it again.
    interesting you say this because i think I am seeing the same thing. hope its not a placebo effect. i use topical & oral melatonin .

I just found this it has melatonin in it, anyone try this? I might order it as its cheap.
    http://www.youngagain.com/magento/cr...-baldness.html

Default a bit of LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I just found this it has melatonin in it, anyone try this? I might order it as its cheap.
    http://www.youngagain.com/magento/cr...-baldness.html
    Check out the About Us section on that site, this is their poster Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by kmit028 View Post
    Check out the About Us section on that site, this is their poster Scientist

Lol I did see what part made me wonder.... The guys on hairlosshelp are saying its probably scam or crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    I have used it orally and I noticed I slept. Better at night.
    This is mainly what melatonin is for. Here you can read a summary of its properties and uses.

By the way, melatonin is banned or under medical prescription in many European countries, despite the documented positive action inside the human body. I don't know why. Perhaps the long list of the possible side effects? Another concern would be the transmission of viruses from melatonin that was derived from animal tissue.

Hi all,

Well, I've been on topical melatonin for more than a year. I use "Lambdapil" (ISDIN Lab) that I brought from Europe. Several boxes. I use it only on my crown. For my hairline I use minox.
    I must admit I have seen no miracle results, though, and that I've been using it to don't lose the money I spent. I'm finishing the last box this month.

However, the other day I had a very short haircut and using two mirrors I noticed my crown is in a "slightly" better condition than one year ago, a bit more dense. Obviously this makes me think the melatonin has had some slight but still positive effect. At least, I have maintained my original condition (I clarify my alopecia is mild).

On the other side, I've been reading some posts about Neogenic and now it turns out some people says it does work, not as promised but it does something on the existing hair, in the long term. So I was thinking of starting Neogenic again (I was on that time ago, only three months) but it is expensive, you know. On the other side, melatonin capsules are very cheap, so I'm thinking of adding some melatonin capsules to the Neogenic.

What do you think about my idea?
    has anyone had experience with topical melatonin made from capsules?

Thanks in advance, and cheers!
    Last edited by AndresCCP; 08-06-2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: I noticed the paper I linked was already in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by AndresCCP View Post
    Hi all,

Well, I've been on topical melatonin for more than a year. I use "Lambdapil" (ISDIN Lab) that I brought from Europe. Several boxes. I use it only on my crown. For my hairline I use minox.
    I must admit I have seen no miracle results, though, and that I've been using it to don't lose the money I spent. I'm finishing the last box this month.

However, the other day I had a very short haircut and using two mirrors I noticed my crown is in a "slightly" better condition than one year ago, a bit more dense. Obviously this makes me think the melatonin has had some slight but still positive effect. At least, I have maintained my original condition (I clarify my alopecia is mild).

On the other side, I've been reading some posts about Neogenic and now it turns out some people says it does work, not as promised but it does something on the existing hair, in the long term. So I was thinking of starting Neogenic again (I was on that time ago, only three months) but it is expensive, you know. On the other side, melatonin capsules are very cheap, so I'm thinking of adding some melatonin capsules to the Neogenic.

What do you think about my idea?
    has anyone had experience with topical melatonin made from capsules?

Thanks in advance, and cheers!
    Yeah you could do that i guess. I would mix it before application daily unless you know certain melatonin is stable when reconstituted. A good tip; you can get pure melatonin powder 99%+ at ebay for extremely cheap. For example here; http://www.ebay.com/itm/NootraBioLab...item416fccc6b1

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Yeah you could do that i guess. I would mix it before application daily unless you know certain melatonin is stable when reconstituted. A good tip; you can get pure melatonin powder 99%+ at ebay for extremely cheap. For example here; http://www.ebay.com/itm/NootraBioLab...item416fccc6b1
    Thanks a lot!!
    I would like to buy it from ebay, but unfortunately in my country the customs are very strict and I'm pretty sure it would't pass.
    That's why I think of buying the capsules, that are sell OTC, and are cheap enough.

BTW, I did the experiment and tried to dissolve one capsule in vodka. Most of the white powder went to the bottom and did not dissolve. is this normal? Should I filter it out?