+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairline recovery

Hi,

A few months ago I posted a thread on this forum about how I plucked hairs from my entire front hairline 10 months ago. The part where I plucked is still significantly thinner than the rest of my hairline and has no volume/texture. It bothers me more than ever. I posted some pictures of my hairline a while ago, and people who reacted didn't seem to notice any problem, but my hairline used to be a lot stronger before I did this plucking. Since the rest of my hair is thick I can't think of any reason this fell out and why it hasn't grown back. I cut my hair short several times, but there seems to be little progress in recovery.

I found this interesting article about traction alopecia on manlycurls.com, where the author is saying that 'manly hair follicles are hyper sensitive to any form of pulling (as a result of tight braids or gelled hairstyles, but obviously also from plucking), because of our DHT levels.' Also 'the area of the scalp more prone to traction alopecia and damaged hair follicles is the hairline, which coincidentally is the first place to go when Male Pattern Baldness starts.' Here's the link: http://www.manlycurls.com/2011/09/ma...tion-alopecia/

Since my hairline doesn't seem to get any thicker after waiting for about 10 months I was wondering if someone with any kind of experience could tell me whether this damage is permanent or not? (Perhaps I know the answer already, but I am still looking for some clarification or some hard facts.)

Thanks in advance.
    Andreas