+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shedding duration & shed hair telogen phase

Ughhh, I'm so sick of my hair slooooowly deteriorating every day. When will I stop having miniaturized hairs fall on my keyboard? When will all these shed miniaturized hairs be done with telogen phase and return to my head a bit thicker than they once left it?

Maybe I should just shave my head and get this over with. I have no interest in being the dude with transparent hair, holding on to what little he has. Not sure how much longer I have until I reach that thresh hold.

it could be just months or years until you reach to that point, no one knows.
    genetics is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    it could be just months or years until you reach to that point, no one knows.
    genetics is a bitch.
    I've been shedding mini hairs for 2 months now. I don't think I would or should wait *years* for telogen phase to end. I *think* after 6 months any shed mini hair has had sufficient time to get through telogen phase.

Ultimately you're right that I need to wait a year - I've known. If it's going to get better ever I'm pretty sure I'm at the lowest point now (late in shed, too early for anagen phase). Just frustrated and impatient.

oh, I meant this: " I have no interest in being the dude with transparent hair, holding on to what little he has. Not sure how much longer I have until I reach that thresh hold."

Ahhh gotcha. Yeah, I shouldn't expect to look better for at least another 6 months but maybe up to a year from now. Just tired if looking worse. Sucks hair has to shed for follicles to maybe get better - so much uncertainty.

yes, uncertainty is killing. I am not sure if I still believe in the "shedding" process. All I know back in late 2006/early 2007 when I experienced regrowth from finasteride I had no shedding. my hair just improved in a couple of months, my friends who knew I was on finasteride kept telling me "get off the med, how much more hair do you need? soon your head will only consist of hair". but starting from 2010, whenever I had a shed, it never grew back as strong as it was, funny because I was still on the medication. so I guess meds really stop working.

Who knows. Our bodies change too. I just worry my loss may be too aggressive. Looking at pictures from a year ago I had barely receded at all and now I'm at the pint I'll be shaving my head in 3 months if things don't turn around. At least I can say I tried.

here is a picture from the good old days, I often cannot look at my old pictures because I know I'll never be that guy again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	196919_1002204490072_489_n.jpg

Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	21589  

I hear you, man. Trust me, I get plenty of nostalgia and seem to remember everything as better than it really was. And as of late I've been really lethargic and pessimistic. Only time I feel at peace is the gym.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I hear you, man. Trust me, I get plenty of nostalgia and seem to remember everything as better than it really was. And as of late I've been really lethargic and pessimistic. Only time I feel at peace is the gym.
    I can totally relate to that. Gym is seriously the only thing I look forward to anymore.

But man, it is important to remember that results from these things are measured in years. Reevaluate after a year on the drug whether or not you want to treat it more aggressively or throw in the towel if you don't feel comfortable with the risk and commitment. I feel your pain as I closely examine my hairline every day and hope for improvements. It is foolish to do this as the change is gradual. Just hang in there.