+ Reply to Thread

Default My story and questions.

Hi, I'm Adam. I'm new here so just getting used to the site.

I'm 18, i first noticed my hair loss just after my 18th birthday last August, although i now realise looking back it was happening even back when i was 15-16.
    I have quite a bad receded hairline, but i keep my hair long, at the moment it covers it quite well.
    I started taking Finpecia 1mg a few months ago, i bought it from UKfinasteride.info, i followed the chart they send, where you start the medication slowly and build it up by 1 tablet each week until by week 7 you are taking it daily.
    Iv been taking it daily for about a month now, i have noticed a few sexual side effects, but they seem to have pretty much gone now.
    I haven't experienced any growth yet, i know it's early though, i do seem to be losing less hair and my hair does feel stronger. It's strange but i feel like there is a difference in my hair, somehow i feel it looks fuller and healthier, looks slightly darker too. But that could be my imagination lol.

My hair is quite thin on top, it's not noticeable because of the length of my hair, i know i probably can't recover much of my hair line, and I'm ok with that, I'm just desperate to thicken my hair up over all really. At least then i will feel more comfortable with shorter hair, as i don't enjoy long hair much to be honest.

Anyway, I'm sorry for going on a bit.
    I have a few questions and just looking for some advice from you guys.
    At the moment I'm only on Finpecia 1mg daily, but I want to add Minoxidil as well. I will also be buying Nizoral too.
    Do you guys think i should wait a while before adding Minoxidil to see what results i get from Finpecia.?
    And if i should get Minoxidil, what is the big difference between them.? It's quite confusing.
    I was looking on the Minoxidil direct site, linked on Spex's site.
    But i was confused as hell lol. Kirkland Minoxidil liquid/foam, Rogaine/Regaine foam.
    Iv seen people say the foam is better, some people say the liquid is better.
    People say Kirkland is exactly the same as Rogaine/Regaine, but it's cheaper.
    Iv seen people say Rogaine and Regaine are actually different.

I figured it would be best to ask people with more experience rather than go straight in and spend money only to find out i should have got something different.
    I have a good job, so i don't mind if it's more expensive if it means it's going to be better.

Anyway, thanks a lot anyone who helps me out.

-Adam T.

Those differences in hair quality (and colour) probably aren't your imagination. People experiencing MPB can notice changes in the quality of their hair, and hair which is in the process of being lost can start to look lighter in colour.

Regaine is the brand name that Minoxidil is sold as in the UK (and some other places). It's the same stuff as Rogaine. Kirkland Minoxidil should be the same but I can't say for sure as I have heard anecdotal evidence that generic forms of drugs can be inferior to the originals. The jury is still out on this as far as I'm concerned.

It sounds like you might benefit from adding Minoxidil. The only reason to wait would be so you can clearly tell which treatment is having a positive effect and therefore know which one you can do without. If you want to hit your hair loss with everything and have no problem using both treatments indefinitely, then there's no reason why you shouldn't begin using Minoxidil right away.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Those differences in hair quality (and colour) probably aren't your imagination. People experiencing MPB can notice changes in the quality of their hair, and hair which is in the process of being lost can start to look lighter in colour.

Regaine is the brand name that Minoxidil is sold as in the UK (and some other places). It's the same stuff as Rogaine. Kirkland Minoxidil should be the same but I can't say for sure as I have heard anecdotal evidence that generic forms of drugs can be inferior to the originals. The jury is still out on this as far as I'm concerned.

It sounds like you might benefit from adding Minoxidil. The only reason to wait would be so you can clearly tell which treatment is having a positive effect and therefore know which one you can do without. If you want to hit your hair loss with everything and have no problem using both treatments indefinitely, then there's no reason why you shouldn't begin using Minoxidil right away.
    Thanks a lot for your reply.
    You've been a big help for me, i have just ordered Regaine Foam, let's hope i will see some good results.

-Adam