+ Reply to Thread

Default stopped fin. still doing rogain...what next, nizoral?

so I quit fin and I still use rogain foam morning and night. can someone please tell me if 2% nizoral is a good idea to use twice a week? or if there is something better I could use...if not what is the right brand or site to get it of?

can I ask why you stopped fin?
    I stopped a while ago because of some pretty weird nasty sides. I gave it some months now Im trying again but taking it every other day. Im worried that the sides could return and be perm this time so Im watching really close.

Would you try fin again?

after I FELT like I had side effects regarding the hardness of my manhood, I cut the 1mg pill into fours (.25 mgpills) I took .25 Monday, Wednesday, Fridays. I don't know if I feel side effects from this and I think I'm gonna stop it until I figure out if it was. I have stopped and started multiple times so yes I would start again (my opinion, I'm no doctor just a Guinni pig) I would love to know if there was a way to test to see if it's effecting hardness and performance? I know there is testosterone tests I can take at a very near clinic but idk if that would tell? anyone care to shed some light on this

This is possibly related to the finasteride from the safety profile, biological plausibility, etc..one thing i have noticed that works is to take a few days to a week off at a time, maybe every 4-8 weeks or so. Or maybe take the weekends off to let things normalize a bit...you will still be maintaining lowered scalp DHT levels even if your blood levels go up a bit for a few days. Your just going to have to find a balance of dosing if you want to reduce the damage to your hair until something better comes along. I personally lose hair on both minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo, so I dont really recommend them from my experience....the ketoconazole is probably fine once your hair has stabilized on finasteride, but not really any reason to stay on minoxidil as its not limiting damage to the follicle.

If you stop for a few weeks and notice everything is fine and than restart and have a recurrence, than you have pretty good evidence of a dechallenge/rechallenge in support of the event (erection issue) being related to the medication (finasteride). You dont need blood tests to prove this.

I take 0.25 mg every day to every other day.....dosing with 0.20 mg every day in the clinical trials was nearly as effective as 1 mg/day in terms of overall improvement, lowered scalp DHT, etc. The plasma (blood) levels of DHT were not as suppressed in this group, compared to 1mg/day, so potentially less systemic effects with nearly the same results on the hair.

Good luck...
    Last edited by clockrepellent; 06-20-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: correction

great post, thank you! so your telling me I shouldn't stop it completely or to just take it whenever I feel the need? if so I did do a reading on something about changing the levels constantly and how it's not safe or something because of a constant imbalance...you think it's better to completely cut my body off it or reduce and use when needed?

Quote Originally Posted by clockrepellent View Post
    This is possibly related to the finasteride from the safety profile, biological plausibility, etc..one thing i have noticed that works is to take a few days to a week off at a time, maybe every 4-8 weeks or so. Or maybe take the weekends off to let things normalize a bit...you will still be maintaining lowered scalp DHT levels even if your blood levels go up a bit for a few days. Your just going to have to find a balance of dosing if you want to reduce the damage to your hair until something better comes along. I personally lose hair on both minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo, so I dont really recommend them from my experience....the ketoconazole is probably fine once your hair has stabilized on finasteride, but not really any reason to stay on minoxidil as its not limiting damage to the follicle.

If you stop for a few weeks and notice everything is fine and than restart and have a recurrence, than you have pretty good evidence of a dechallenge/rechallenge in support of the event (erection issue) being related to the medication (finasteride). You dont need blood tests to prove this.

I take 0.25 mg every day to every other day.....dosing with 0.20 mg every day in the clinical trials was nearly as effective as 1 mg/day in terms of overall improvement, lowered scalp DHT, etc. The plasma (blood) levels of DHT were not as suppressed in this group, compared to 1mg/day, so potentially less systemic effects with nearly the same results on the hair.

Good luck...
    Ive taken TWO doses and already felt the start of ED syndromes. Wasnt as hard and took a little bit to get up there as opposed to normal .

Quote Originally Posted by phlifter View Post
    great post, thank you! so your telling me I shouldn't stop it completely or to just take it whenever I feel the need? if so I did do a reading on something about changing the levels constantly and how it's not safe or something because of a constant imbalance...you think it's better to completely cut my body off it or reduce and use when needed?
    Im not really sure....its up to you and how your feeling. If you are having bad ED side effects, you should probably take some time off now and than to make sure things can normalize. You want your DHT receptors in your body to stay pretty active...my guess is that guys who have longer term side effects have a down regulation of the systemic DHT receptors or something since there is not as much DHT around. When they come off finasteride, the DHT may rise, but the receptors may not be there to pass on the cellular messages.

Guys who use steroids cycle them (take time off) so seems reasonable with a DHT inhibitor.

I know Spencer has said he takes his 5 mg pill about twice a week, sometimes once or so....I think the constant levels are not as important.

Just my opinion and guesswork at the moment

I had the exact same problems with fin and stopped altogether. I'm now using duta and although sometimes I feel a little less interested in sex I've not had anywhere near the same effects with fin in the manhood department.

Maybe it is a stength thing and like the above poster mentioned if I had reduced the fin dose it would have work out better, but the decline in 'functionality was so abrupt and being a newly married man I had to say thanks but no thanks

Ive only been on it for a few months so the results will be the deciding factor but I would personally fully reccommend it. I just got the generic stuff from inhouse pharmacy as being a student pharmacist I know that it makes no difference paying for branded stuff. The same goes for propecia, Just get fin in any shape or form from a reliable off-shore pharm. In house provides original packaging and definitely the real deal (I have no affiliation. Promise)

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell22 View Post
    I had the exact same problems with fin and stopped altogether. I'm now using duta and although sometimes I feel a little less interested in sex I've not had anywhere near the same effects with fin in the manhood department.

Maybe it is a stength thing and like the above poster mentioned if I had reduced the fin dose it would have work out better, but the decline in 'functionality was so abrupt and being a newly married man I had to say thanks but no thanks

Ive only been on it for a few months so the results will be the deciding factor but I would personally fully reccommend it. I just got the generic stuff from inhouse pharmacy as being a student pharmacist I know that it makes no difference paying for branded stuff. The same goes for propecia, Just get fin in any shape or form from a reliable off-shore pharm. In house provides original packaging and definitely the real deal (I have no affiliation. Promise)
    whats duta?