+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

so Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I did not use Avodart, it's Thursday today and my scalp feels more relaxed, my itch is reduced and I see less hair in the drain (but the same amount when combing, there is no change in that).
    I am starting to get surprised, I always expected that the drugs stopped working since I had the terrible itch and continued hair loss while on them but I was expecting to itch to get worse if I don't use them but on the contrary it's getting better.
    anyways 4 days off medication is probably not enough time and it can be a conicidence, however the truth is I am so much better in terms of itching at the moment.

Friday 4th day off med, scalped itched for a couple of minutes last night still less itch compared to the old days, hairs found in drain: 1 (used to be a little ball of hairs in the drain) . still shedding same amount when combing.
    I'll keep away from meds until at least monday to see if my scalp feels even better.
    this is all confusing.

so one week off the medication, especially for the last days I've been shedding very little in the shower, difference is unbelievable, it's like 90% improvement.
    however the amount I shed when combing hair did not change.
    so I am undecided at this point, what do you think, can it be possible that I am better off meds? it seems unlikely but here's my thesis: I had a very slow progressing mbp, maybe I could have mainted a full head of hair all my life. My maternal grandfather died with a full head of hair at 80-something and I look exactly like him, like a copy. when I first started meds in 2006 they helped at first but then my body upregulated AR receptors so I started to see increased thinning. because my shedding and itchy scalp started when I was on meds and it never disappeared despite increasing dose or switching to dutas. It seems to be more drugs I take, more I become susceptible to mpb.
    It cannot be that the drugs are not working because I am having slight sides, not much to complaint about but I definitely have lower semen volume.
    OR, maybe I am making it up, maybe I would have been slick bald without medication and they only helped to protect this much (this does not explain the suddenly starting and nonstopping itch).
    I know there are guys who had a bad reaction to medication but I thought it happens just in a few months after starting fin or dut. I am not sure if that kind of reaction occurs after multiple years on meds.