Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skootz
    • May 2013

Post op redness

Tried to have a look through threads so I apologise if the question has already been asked before .

I'm now 5 months post op . and still have some pinkness in the recipient area, heres my problem , i'm off on holiday to las vegas in September and would very much like the pinkness to have gone really.

I shave my hair short you see , basically a 0 grade still ..

So my point is , is there any ointments, creams oils ect that can help bring the colour back to normal ?

Thanks in advance

Scott.
  • Jairus
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by skootz
    Tried to have a look through threads so I apologise if the question has already been asked before .

I'm now 5 months post op . and still have some pinkness in the recipient area, heres my problem , i'm off on holiday to las vegas in September and would very much like the pinkness to have gone really.

So my point is , is there any ointments, creams oils ect that can help bring the colour back to normal ?

Thanks in advance

Scott.

Aloe Vera - I am 6 weeks post op myself and I have hardly any redness. I used AV religiously tho as I knew from previous posters it was essential.

Give it a try - twice a day.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by skootz

Thanks in advance

Scott.
      In a pinch, you can use a liquid makeup available at shops like Sally's. IMO one of the better concealers is Nanogen. That may help. I do agree with the Aloe Vera suggestion.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
      Cole Hair Transplant
      1070 Powers Place
      Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
      Phone 678-566-1011

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
      Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

What kind of aloe vera is to be used? and how thick do you apply it?

Thanks, FTL

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
          What kind of aloe vera is to be used? and how thick do you apply it?

Thanks, FTL
          Personally, I would buy Aloe vera gel from a reputable health food store. Get the pure stuff. My 18 year old daughter used to work at Natural Foods Warehouse in Alpharetta, GA. The owners have a very high standard regarding the products they sell.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
          Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• gillenator
            • Dec 2008

Aloe Vera is a viable option sometimes.

If the redness persists, contact your doctor who can write a script for a topical steroid cream.

That can do the trick when over-the-counter products do not work.
            "Gillenator"
            Independent Patient Advocate
            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...