PRP for androgenetic hair loss - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Prp

Please keep me updated on your progress, Fleur. And thanks for your response. I am considering contacting Dr. Greco for an appointment. My hair loss seems to have come to a halt, but like you, the growth is keeping up with the daily fallout of about 70. I've been visiting a hair growth place that rubs an ointment of East Asian herbs vigorously into the scalp. Many have seen new growth and I am also hoping. I will let you know if it goes well for me.

How much does one PRP treatment cost usually?

I paid 800.00 US--I think that sometimes it costs 1,000.00 US, but he helps those out who have to fly in to see him ( I'm in the Houston,Texas area) with a discount............

I wish that I lost 70 hairs a day--I loose like 170-200 daily--you cannot believe the amount I have lost in the last 6 mo's

What type of oils do you have massaged into your scalp? I started just a few weeks ago using an Indian Hair Oil--Amla--on my scalp--it seems to soothe it
    ( so does Emu Oil--but it is greasy and visiable on the hair when I use it--Amla seems to absorb into the hair pretty quickly)

Default platelet rich plasma therapy

Please guide me to current results for women using platelet rich plasma therapy for hair restoration. Thank you...hoping to offer this process to my daughter and if it helps her then to help others get this treatment. I am looking for current results - 2010. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dkward313 View Post
    Please guide me to current results for women using platelet rich plasma therapy for hair restoration. Thank you...hoping to offer this process to my daughter and if it helps her then to help others get this treatment. I am looking for current results - 2010. Many thanks.
    You may be on your own when looking for "current" results for women with PRP, as I cannot point you to any currently

You must look at/ study the science behind it, read thru the threads here, and contact the doctor(s) that you might be interested in performing the procedure on your child to address those questions

One thing that might help...are you aware of what might be causing her HL?
    That might help you when talking with the office staff about questions that you might have.............

For example: If someone's HL is due to an infectious process, I am not sure this procedure would help with that, there may be other avenues that need to be addressed before considering PRP

Sorry that I could not be of more help---but mis-information can sometimes be worse than none at all

I had the treatment 4 weeks ago, and my shedding has slowed down to about 100-125 hairs lost daily--still higher than my normal amount prior to experiencing HL, but alot lower than before the PRP treatment

Default PRP Therapy

Thank you for your reply. Wondering about results for people who started the process in 2009. I will talk with Dr. Greco. My husband is also a physician and I will send back any indicators that might be useful. With gratitude for your kindness in responding. There must be a way through this. I am holding the high watch as are you.