+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 4 months into propecia, sudden side effects?

I hate seeing all of the propecia side effects threads, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced side effects like this....

I'm 24 years old, and have been on propecia for 4 months, 1mg/day.

Absolutely no side effects that I noticed for the first 4 months... and then suddenly, the past 2 weeks.... my member has been acting a little differently than ever before. Basically, in a flaccid state, it is smaller, yet harder than normal... almost as if I had just gotten out of a cold shower. It's like this at all times. It also appears to have taken on a slightly different shape as well, being more wrinkly and bumpy. I also feel a slight pain sometimes in the shaft and the tip, just when I'm sitting around doing nothing. I haven't masturbated in weeks (very abnormal for me) even though I'm often mentally stimulated. I forced myself to masturbate the other day just for good measure, and it took a long time with decreased sensitivity, not a great experience. It also kind of hurt.

I'm wondering if this is related to the prostate aka propecia, as it seems like it easily could be, or if it is more likely to be related to something else...

It just surprised me that it kind of came out of nowhere after 4 months. Most of the stories I read pertaining to side effects began immediately after starting the propecia, not suddenly after 4 months of treatment. And if this is a standard issue with propecia and is likely caused by the medicine, will it go away over time, or should I stop taking the medicine? I would ask my doctor these things, but honestly, you guys seem to be more educated on this specific drug than he is :-p

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ben lamb View Post
    I hate seeing all of the propecia side effects threads, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced side effects like this....

Absolutely no side effects that I noticed for the first 4 months... and then suddenly, the past 2 weeks.... my member has been acting a little differently than ever before. Basically, in a flaccid state, it is smaller, yet harder than normal... almost as if I had just gotten out of a cold shower. It's like this at all times. It also appears to have taken on a slightly different shape as well, being more wrinkly and bumpy. I also feel a slight pain sometimes in the shaft and the tip, just when I'm sitting around doing nothing. I haven't masturbated in weeks (very abnormal for me) even though I'm often mentally stimulated. I forced myself to masturbate the other day just for good measure, and it took a long time with decreased sensitivity, not a great experience. It also kind of hurt.

I'm wondering if this is related to the prostate aka propecia, as it seems like it easily could be, or if it is more likely to be related to something else...

It just surprised me that it kind of came out of nowhere after 4 months. Most of the stories I read pertaining to side effects began immediately after starting the propecia, not suddenly after 4 months of treatment. And if this is a standard issue with propecia and is likely caused by the medicine, will it go away over time, or should I stop taking the medicine? I would ask my doctor these things, but honestly, you guys seem to be more educated on this specific drug than he is :-p

Thanks everyone!
    Okay this happened to me. The exact same issues. My balls which are usually LOW and heavy also seemed to start pulling up a bit and becoming very cramped. It was like a bad prostate infection or UTI as well.
    I got off fin for like 2 months and just made sure to cleanse myself. Everything pretty much went back to normal. I thought it was the fact that I started taking a fat burner and it didnt like the fin c ause I was on for 8 months before anything.
    After the cleanse I just started this week taking it every other day and already Im starting to feel like my balls are doing the cold water thing and my erctions are not as good, this is only 2 doses. Im not sure if its real or just mental.
    I was coming here to actually get other peoples opinions if I should just stop and already answered 2 threads about people who stopped fin as well so maybe this is my answer.
    It stinks because where it worked for my hair its causing other issues and Im a VERY healthy active guy.
    All I want is my damn hair back a bit more and its like the world is against it. I did the shaved head for a while and its just not me.

Also my doc didnt know much about this stuff either. I think there are a few really "lucky" guys who have this happen to them.
    DO NOT go to propecia help, I was there as well and they are just awful. I think many of those guys also had underlying issues.

Let me ask you, does your tain and ass hurt/itch as well. I got this bad and now already feel like its starting again after 2 doses.

I think I just have to talk with my GF and tell her Im stopping. This kills me because my younger brother (2 years) has the perfect hair line and will never lose it. I want to blow my brains out when I look at him. Its so funny that I bring this up to my freinds and such who have their hair and they give the "I dont see the big deal, its just hair" but its like if one of them lost 4 finger and we were like dude its just 4 fingers, well we still have our fingers.

yep, same exact things man. my ball sack was trying to go up into my stomach at all times too. ive been off of the propecia for about 2 weeks now, and my dick is finally feeling comfortable again. its normal size when flaccid and i dont have that annoying feeling of it trying to shrink up AS MUCH anymore... i still get it a little bit. maybe for 1 hour total of the day. and my balls are completely back to normal. i dont know... im thinking about going back on the propecia again, at least i know that the side effects went away pretty fast when i discontinued use, so thats reassuring. i just dont wanna lose all of my hair. it sucks. my friend says the same thing "why do you care so much" and i shouldnt care so much, but its easy for them to say when they have a full head of hair. losing your hair when youre in your early 20s sucks.

but yea, i made this same post on a couple of other sites too, and i had quite a few responses of guys giving me the EXACT same response as you did. we are all having identical responses to the drug. the whole "its mental" thing is bogus with these cases. but its not permanent so screw it, we can control it. im thinking if i start taking it again that maybe over time the sides will just go away... propecia is a powerful drug and messes with our prostate pretty hard. maybe it will go away eventually after our prostate gets used to it.

i think im gonna give it a couple of weeks and try going back on it. screw it. if i stay off of it forever i know im gonna lose my hair. but im gonna give it another try and hope i dont get the sides, or give it some time to see if the sides go away

You guys can try a low dose say 0.25mg every other day and see if that helps with the side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    You guys can try a low dose say 0.25mg every other day and see if that helps with the side effects.
    Thats what i was doing.
    Let me tell you heat is your freind on recovery. Right now I'm laying here with a heat pad on my junk and hot hot baths are great. Blood flow needs to be loosened up down there is my belief. I think it's what helped me so fast the first time.
    This time is a bit rougher though.
    I'm going to look at transplants now there are some good deals and they can even use body hair and being Italian I have plenty.
    Sit in a hot bath when ever you can and I mean hot.
    I will occasionally kneel in the tub so everything hand down and that helps A LOT! Sounds weird but it does.
    Also I will sort of force myself top "get it up" while doing that. To me that helped blood flow and to correct the ED symptoms.
    I need to get back on doing that each night again.
    I also super dose on my vitamins and as always work out regularly.

Yeah I would recommend you getting off. Propecia sides don't kick in right away. It can build up in your system due to half life. Dht is potent androgen, it is much needed. You do have theoption of taking .25 mg. I recommend start using nazoral and minox. There are few experimental aa such as ru58841 and cb 03 01. Since it is topical the sides are more temporary. Doesn't mean they can't be serious. Do your research. If not just do the bald look trust me it could be worst. Hit the gym. In next five years there will be better solution in treatment and that. Cb and RU seemed to have results similar to propecia if not better. Hope this helps let me know if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ben lamb View Post

Thanks everyone!
    Just checking in to see what you decided and if/what, how its recovery?

Just stumbled across this post I had made from months ago... Just wanted to give you guys an update.

I gave an update after about 2 weeks, saying that everything had gone back to normal. It was only like that for a couple more weeks, and then all of the symptoms emerged once again, and have persisted since. After 3 visits to the urologist, I was diagnosed with a mild case of Peyronie's syndrome. I can only imagine that this was a result of the Finasteride. It is basically harder for me to achieve/maintain erections, I don't get full erections, and I have a slight abnormal curvature in my shaft. Sex can sometimes be painful and I can't do it as often as I used to, but I can still find pleasure from it. My balls and penis are also smaller in my flaccid, relaxed state. I hope these symptoms will eventually go away, but unfortunately the Peyronie's will likely be with me for life.

Just a warning to you guys out there - the side effects of this drug are real. Finasteride is a very powerful drug that should be taken with heed. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but taking Finasteride was the worst. This drug should not be on the market.

I spoke with a lawyer about a class action lawsuit against Propecia... Unfortunately for me, I had been prescribed the generic Finasteride and not the name brand Propecia, so I am at a complete loss. There are several pending class action lawsuits and tort suits against Propecia, and I likely see the FDA removing this drug from the US market very soon.

Be safe guys.

Thank god I never took this shit.

Just get SMP guys, you don't need this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Thank god I never took this shit.

Just get SMP guys, you don't need this shit.
    What is SMP?