+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tokyo is not a possbility in the near future. The only ones are Follica/Histogen/ARI and perhaps more advanced antiandrogens like Cosmo's CB0301 which is very promising.

These other groups are nice, but they will take years of funding and trials before we begin to take them seriously.

As I keep saying, forget about waiting for these treatments, take the medications you have now, finasteride and dutasteride are a must if you want to keep your hair, and supplement with topical AAs/growth stimulants and HT, otherwise you will waste years waiting for these treatments. Ignore the fin haters who constantly spread misinformation about these drugs. I wish I had gotten on them years ago, don't make my mistake.

Someone on the forums visited Luis Garza who warned him that these treatments were a long way away. I agree with him. The science is good, but it is complex, and applying it to living human beings successfully is a different story. You really need to perfect a procedure in mice before even getting approval to test it on humans, then you need to spend years testing it on humans to fine tune the procedure before bringing it to treatment. Good treatments have died in the pipeline because firms never bothered to bring them to P3 trials (RU/NEOSH etc). Keep in mind, this is a cosmetic concern, the regulatory pathway to getting a cosmetic treatment approved will have little tolerance for adverse effects, and if the potential revenue is not there, then the firm won't bring it out.

TL;DR version: keep calm and carry on.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Question

@Desmond,
    Are there any updates on the 'Berlin Technical University in Germany' ?

They certainly seemed to be quite aggressive in their research..I wonder how they are progressing currently..

I have no idea Artista. Last I heard they made the chip technology their main area of focus in order to reduce the need for Animal studies in preclinical trials.

After Histogen's results I finally made up my mind and applied to do my PhD at a school of regenerative medicine next year. I presented the supervisors with the Tsuji teams work and asked them if maybe we can base my PhD on continuing their efforts using human stem cells...they seemed very open about it so fingers crossed! I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I have no idea Artista. Last I heard they made the chip technology their main area of focus in order on to reduce the need for Animal studies in preclinical trials.

After Histogen's results I finally made up my mind and applied to do my PhD at a school of regenerative medicine next year. I presented the supervisors with the Tsuji teams work and asked them if maybe we can base my PhD on continuing their efforts using human stem cells...they seemed very open about it so fingers crossed! I'll keep you posted.
    May the force be with you. I too now wish I had gone the science route instead of business.

Have you applied to UPenn? You should apply to NYU (Ito) or JHU (Garza)....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    May the force be with you. I too now wish I had gone the science route instead of business.

Have you applied to UPenn? You should apply to NYU (Ito) or JHU (Garza)....
    Thx KO...at least I know I have a lot of brothers here that will keep me strong during the tough times

I'm based in Australia and there's a really large regenerative school that has opened up here so lets see if I make it!

Oh yes, you definitely will find support here Desmond.
    I have gone back to school in my mid 30's, it can be tough at times but good.

Let's all just try to keep our hair, vs. letting the stress win!

Someone on the forums visited Luis Garza who warned him that these treatments were a long way away.
    By "these treatments", we mean Histogen, Aderans, Replicel etc, or just the high-end genuine potential cures like Team Tokyo?

BTW, Desmond84, good luck with that PhD!

Yeah he meant the ones like Histogen, ARI, etc. Which makes sense to me...just IMHO

I believe in the work they're doing, but going through regulated trials and proving safety will take time. This is why I'd like treatments to consider approval outside the US, demand for HL solutions is global.

The one to really watch out for is ARI, IMO. If they start a P3 trial, then we need to pay attention. If they repeat P2....then add 5-7 years to the timeline.

Yeah he meant the ones like Histogen, ARI, etc. Which makes sense to me...just IMHO

I believe in the work they're doing, but going through regulated trials and proving safety will take time. This is why I'd like treatments to consider approval outside the US, demand for HL solutions is global.

The one to really watch out for is ARI, IMO. If they start a P3 trial, then we need to pay attention. If they repeat P2....then add 5-7 years to the timeline.
    Really? I mean, I',m not one of those individuals who deludes themselves that Histogen and so on will be available by 2015/2016, but that far off into the future? Depressing.

And yes, it is crushing how even if a treatment gets to phase 2 with decent results, they may never make phase 3.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

@Desmond, that is GREAT to hear bro!
    We are already proud of you! Good luck in your studies.