+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Haircuts suck

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    Lol that barber didnt lisen, haha, that is rich. I still would not go near spiro if you're a male. I thought that when people lost their hairline it was both sides at the same rate, so now you look non symmetrical?
    Asymmetrical loss is very common. My main concern w/ my frontal scalp is diffusion behind the hairline (mostly in the corner the corners, more on 1 side) and also in the temple areas.
    To answer your question. Yes, if I comb my hair straight back the hairline is not symmetrical (this was true before dut). I style my hair to hide this as well as to conceal diffuse thinning. However this gets more difficult with short hair.

Believe me I do not want to touch spiro, but I would strongly consider it before surgery. HT's are a last resort for me

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

LOL. I get my gf to cut my hair now. I use to buzz the sides myself with clippers but ever since I found a gf that styles hair, she does an excellent job of fading and not cutting too much on top. She spends like half hour on my head making sure everything is aligned and equal.

Moral of the story... find a gf or befriend a gay guy who knows how to cut hair. They will do an excellent job.

And for paying for a good haircut, expensive or cheap, its all the same. Sometimes a really experienced cutter may be working at first choice. Sometimes, people who suck at cutting will be worknig at places like Josephs. I guess it all depends on if the person wants to put in the effort or not and its your luck if you get a total numb nut. And if you find a good one, keep going to them.

My gf is awesome and she works at first choice. She use to work at a legit hair salon but everyone was like sharks there cause its commission based whereas first choice its hourly. The tips add up because of how busy that generic place gets. On a bad day, tips is usually like 30 bucks and on a good, who knows, like 50-60? And thats money that is not taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    LOL. I get my gf to cut my hair now. I use to buzz the sides myself with clippers but ever since I found a gf that styles hair, she does an excellent job of fading and not cutting too much on top. She spends like half hour on my head making sure everything is aligned and equal.

Moral of the story... find a gf or befriend a gay guy who knows how to cut hair. They will do an excellent job.

And for paying for a good haircut, expensive or cheap, its all the same. Sometimes a really experienced cutter may be working at first choice. Sometimes, people who suck at cutting will be worknig at places like Josephs. I guess it all depends on if the person wants to put in the effort or not and its your luck if you get a total numb nut. And if you find a good one, keep going to them.

My gf is awesome and she works at first choice. She use to work at a legit hair salon but everyone was like sharks there cause its commission based whereas first choice its hourly. The tips add up because of how busy that generic place gets. On a bad day, tips is usually like 30 bucks and on a good, who knows, like 50-60? And thats money that is not taxed.
    Sounds like a good chick. I drop $50 + tip on my monthly haircut. Worth every penny.

What do you get for $50???

My guy takes a solid 30min, massages my scalp, lines up my beard and sides + back with straight razor....$20+tip

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sounds like a good chick. I drop $50 + tip on my monthly haircut. Worth every penny.
    I would expect a full body haircut for that price.