+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Default FUE Donor Area Healing With ACell 3 Mo. Post-Op

The following 4x4 photo illustrates the value of ACell in FUE donor area healing. I circled a follicular group for reference on all four photos. The third photo is a composite of the extraction photo overlaid with transparency over the 3 month post-op photo. At the very least, ACell reduces hypopigmentation. Notice in the photos the near complete absence of scar tissue at the donor sites. We typically check for follicle regeneration at 8-12 month post-op.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    [URL="http://The following 4x4 photo illustrates the value of ACell in FUE donor area healing. I circled a follicular group for reference on all four photos. The third photo is a composite of the extraction photo overlaid with transparency over the 3 month post-op photo. At the very least, ACell reduces hypopigmentation. Notice in the photos the near complete absence of scar tissue at the donor sites. We typically check for follicle regeneration at 8-12 month post-op.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant Atlanta
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4x4_with_before.jpg

Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	21510  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 11:11 AM.

No question here. 66 to 75% regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by drcole View Post
    No question here. 66 to 75% regrowth.
    This is changing the game! Good to see there are doctors around the world and in the US now all working for donor regeneration!

Keep it up, we are rooting for you!

Using that 4 hair follicle as a reference point I certainly do not see 70% regrowth but bare skin where the extractions sites were made and that is very evident with the extractions made immediately around that reference point. Maybe someone else sees something different.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Using that 4 hair follicle as a reference point I certainly do not see 70% regrowth but bare skin where the extractions sites were made and that is very evident with the extractions made immediately around that reference point. Maybe someone else sees something different.
    I agree. I would like to see the regenerated hairs circled.

Other than that it looks very nice! Absence of scars is a great improvement!

We will show you in an overlay next week. This is a complicated donor area and it is easy to confuse one's self because the groups are so large. Never the less, there are 12 extractions in 1 sq cm. There are four blank spots . in one of the blank spots, there may be one or two peripheral hairs growing. This may represent growth in 9 of 12 extractions, with only a partial regrowth in one. Alternatively, it could be 8 or 12 regenerations or 66%.

by the way, simple donor areas have tight bundles with fewer hairs per group. this is a wide spaced hair grouping that probably contains more than one follicular unit per grouping because a follicular unit by definition contains no more than 4 terminal hairs. Complex donor areas are more difficult to evaluate, but they are ideally suited to this study where we wanted to evaluate regeneration when a larger punch was used. One could have alternatively used a 0.8 mm punch and taken small pieces of each follicular grouping. That was not the study design in this case. we wanted to evaluate regrowth of completely intact larger groupings rather than hope to see regeneration of smaller bites of each group. that would have been almost impossible to evaluate in this particular patient.

Thank you for the reply and look forward to seeing the overlay.

At about 4 weeks we could see hair growing in 5 extraction sites. At 5 weeks, the healing was so good that we could see only 3 distinct extraction sites without hair. Of course this was with the hair long. We elected to go to the three month mark to shave the hair down again so we could see the extraction area clearly.

In the first 5 weeks we saw only 1 or 2 hairs in each extraction site that was growing hair except one that hair multiple hairs. Actually, i would have been happy to see 1 or 2 hairs following the removal of 3 and 4 hair groups, but what i found at 3 months was multiple hair growing the the extraction sites. This very positive news.

I think now the goal will be to do a comparison using one side with our Acell/gel and photopolymerizing liquid on one side and nothing on the other side or plain gel with no additives to compare the healing.

Hey Dr Cole,

I have a ?, it's a little derail so I apologize but it does concern Acell. I was in your clinic March 29th, did about 1300 grafts and did receive Acell, I believe over the donor and recipient areas.

The donor area was business as usual, but the recipient area was honestly minimally red, especially in the crown. I followed the post OP to the 9's, is this indicative of that or should I be concerned. I can see minimal growth forming and I know where we're at in the grand scheme, but all other procedures I was pretty red for awhile afterwards. This time, no redness. Is this due to Acell being awesome?

Hoping the same method of this regeneration is what I received. I know everyone is different, but it is promising. See you soon for scar revision.