+ Reply to Thread

Default 22, thinking of Hair Transplant (Pics)

Hi, title says it all. Not sure what I am on a Norwood scale, was too depressed to look. People have started noticing my hair thinning and its ... not fun. Now it hasn't gotten in the way of my social life yet. My hair started thinning in 2010 and then stopped in 2011. Not sure if it was stress related or not but it hasn't seem to worsen (I find it hard to believe it completely stopped for good) although it is still bad to me. I cut my hair very low about every 4 days (My hair seems to grow fine everywhere else but don't know how long it grows since it's been years since I've grown it out) and don't grow it out as a result of people being able to notice where I'm thinning if they stare for long enough. Considering a transplant. Wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much I'd be looking at and if it's a good idea. Any other information provided for my specific hair, such as how bad my condition is, is also welcomed. I just want my old hair back and finally [think] I have the money to do something about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hair1.jpg

Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	21479   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair2.jpg

Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	21480  

Quote Originally Posted by DontKnow View Post
    Hi, title says it all. Not sure what I am on a Norwood scale, was too depressed to look. People have started noticing my hair thinning and its ... not fun. Now it hasn't gotten in the way of my social life yet. My hair started thinning in 2010 and then stopped in 2011. Not sure if it was stress related or not but it hasn't seem to worsen (I find it hard to believe it completely stopped for good) although it is still bad to me. I cut my hair very low about every 4 days (My hair seems to grow fine everywhere else but don't know how long it grows since it's been years since I've grown it out) and don't grow it out as a result of people being able to notice where I'm thinning if they stare for long enough. Considering a transplant. Wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much I'd be looking at and if it's a good idea. Any other information provided for my specific hair, such as how bad my condition is, is also welcomed. I just want my old hair back and finally [think] I have the money to do something about it.
    A transplant at you're age would be extremely unethical, there is no way to know how much it will progress or worsen over time after the treatment.. First off you are better trying minox and fin or a fin like substitute like RU if you fear side effects.. With Minox, Fin and a good Keto shampoo you should be able to thicken you're existing hair and maintain for the future where if you decide to get a transplant you will be in a good spot for it.

You are a diffuse thinner. It's not on the norwood scale. HT's arent an option. You need the BIG 3 and you could have great results. If not, concealers will be great for you.

Default Finasteride + Minoxidil + Nizoral

Big 3.

Transplant is pointless at your age, always get a transplant after age of 30. And never get a transplant until you've spent 12 months on the big 3 to see what results you get with those first.

If you do go down the transplant route, make sure you are aware of the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    If you do go down the transplant route, make sure you are aware of the risks.
    Where would you transplant hair on his head? Diffuse thinners arent the best HT candidates however concealers are great for them. Big 3+ concealers= you'll keep a full head of hair for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yates Hair Science View Post
    I agree with all the other comments. Due to your age most doctor will ask you to start with propecia and rogaine first. Concealer is a great idea, you can start using it for now to make your hair look fuller in the areas that are thinning. The concealer will help you feel better until the propecia or rogaine starts to work for you. Good Luck!!!
    I started fin 2 months after my HT.

I am 7 months in a HT The concealer I have to use is way less than at 4 months and much less than even 1 month ago.

Takes a year to see the full results of the HT and fin but I will start posting at 9 months.

smp