+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling!!!

Default Struggling!!!

Everyday seems like a constant mental battle just get on with my day to day things without thinking about my hair loss. I was doing so well but every now and then I keep falling, as soon as I'm home alone and look in the mirror, the reality sets in

I just want to get a hair transplant and move on, but i know it would only be a temporary fix. You know the hardest thing for me is that I am a guitarist/frontman, music has been my dream career since my early childhood and I never pictured myself as a bald guitar player! It makes me just want to give up my dreams, finding the motivation to carry on is near impossible! It's so ****ing unfair being 23, having lost a good amount of my hair, I can't stand my appearance this way! It doesn't feel right and it makes me feel old and outcasted! Why on earth don't we have better treatments!!!???

First, don't be ashamed for thinking about your hair loss "all the time", there's nothing wrong with that. I'm better than before but I still think or even talk about it. Yes it's a big issue and there's no other way to look at it. My family, my friends and even my ex-girlfriends understand my pain.

I'm 23 and a diffuse NW5, almost enterely bald, so my case may be different than yours. If you want long hair and can afford it, I suggest you to try a hairpiece and if that doesn't work, you can get on the transplant bandwagon, but be prepared to have multiple procedures of the years. If you want the Walter White hairstyle, you can always look into the temporary scalp micropigmentation. You can take FDA medications. You can use concealers after a HT. You can use a combination of all those solutions. Just don't become desperate and don't tell yourself your life is over. This is just not true. I'm gonna repeat that, it's not true. I thought my life was over when I started balding at 17. Now I'm 23 and bald and I don't regret anything, I have had and still have a great life. Just do your homework and find the solutions that work for you .

^
    Great advice.

Sending my support to you bratha.

Keep on keeping on, we're all in this together, and it's hard. Especially at a young age.

Thanks for the advice and support guys, I have just been having a couple of really bad days! Dealing with mpb feels like a constant emotional battle everday, I needed a bit of a rant. I'm diffusing so my options are a bit diffucult, a HT wouldn't really be a safe idea and I'm still scared to take propecia. Just gonna stick with minox and hope for the best!

Have you at all considered RU or Keratene?

Might be a stupid question but why would we need to have mutiple procedures if one is on propecia and has stabilized his loss?

Propecia works forever? Sorry, I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Propecia works forever? Sorry, I didn't know that.
    Many pictures of guys staying on the stuff prove it usually works as long as you take it.

RU is such a pain in the ass to mix/make, don't know much about Keratene, but I don't really trust any of these experimental treatments!