+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Struggling!!!

Pictures? What about studies?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Pictures? What about studies?
    Bring them on. The voice of reason here is Spencer and I guarantee you he's said fin plus minox should maintain your hair. He's 10 times more knowledgeable about hair loss than all of the posters of this thread combined, easily, no hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Everyday seems like a constant mental battle just get on with my day to day things without thinking about my hair loss. I was doing so well but every now and then I keep falling, as soon as I'm home alone and look in the mirror, the reality sets in

I just want to get a hair transplant and move on, but i know it would only be a temporary fix. You know the hardest thing for me is that I am a guitarist/frontman, music has been my dream career since my early childhood and I never pictured myself as a bald guitar player! It makes me just want to give up my dreams, finding the motivation to carry on is near impossible! It's so ****ing unfair being 23, having lost a good amount of my hair, I can't stand my appearance this way! It doesn't feel right and it makes me feel old and outcasted! Why on earth don't we have better treatments!!!???
    Gotta just do your best to "own it", man. Me being 25 and in the professional world, I'm not as much an outcast. I got to be in my late teens and early 20s with thick hair, so I don't deserve to complain as much as I do (if at all).

What I mean by "own it", is you gotta just learn to exude confidence and act like you don't care that you're balding. It's difficult for me to put into words what I mean. For instance, I notice people glance at my hairline while we're engaged in a 1:1 conversation, and I maintain strict eye contact and continue the conversation as if I don't give a shit.

This is especially hard when you're talking to a cute girl. There's actually a dime I work with who flirts with me and goes out of her way to talk to me, but sometimes I feel like shit and I don't entertain her passes. Most of the time, I'm able to think "**** it, you're balding either way and doing what you can treatment-wise. might as well act like you don't care". It has helped.

I do the opposite, don't pretend it doesn't bother you if it does. I even told girls on one night stands that I hated being bald and that I was going to have a hair transplant soon. It doesn't mean I'm not confident and it didn't change anything for the girl. I think it's better to be honest with yourself and other people.

I do the opposite, don't pretend it doesn't bother you if it does. I even told girls on one night stands that I hated being bald and that I was going to have a hair transplant soon. It doesn't mean I'm not confident and it didn't change anything for the girl. I think it's better to be honest with yourself and other people.
    Ladies man

Clearly.

So why exactly is Keratene meant to have a lower risk of side effects than fin??

Because it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    RU is such a pain in the ass to mix/make, don't know much about Keratene, but I don't really trust any of these experimental treatments!
    You should try these PGD2 inhibitors, they have completed stopped hairloss for a lot of people. Stuff like that is used for treatment already for asthma and other conditions so it should be safe .. i think, but it'll save the hair you've got left but no regrowth. Other people who tried it - no side effects

Because it doesn't work.
    u mad brah?