X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • irishpotatoes322
    • Mar 2012

Low energy?

Hiya,

I've been taking .625mg of finasteride every other day for the past 10 days now, and have noticed a pretty extreme drop in energy levels, with all other factors (my diet / training / sleep) remaining the same as pre-fin. Does this resolve in time? Or does it simply mean I do not tolerate low DHT levels very well, and am somehow very sensitive to the drug.
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

I feel somewhat the same way. I'm a bit tired, but honestly I've been fatigued, mildly depressed, and disinterested in a lot of things over the course of the last year (even before fin).

Frankly, I'd take fatigue and hair over energy and baldness. I still function perfectly well in the gym, at work, and when I do go out.

Comment

• irishpotatoes322
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
      I feel somewhat the same way. I'm a bit tired, but honestly I've been fatigued, mildly depressed, and disinterested in a lot of things over the course of the last year (even before fin).

Frankly, I'd take fatigue and hair over energy and baldness. I still function perfectly well in the gym, at work, and when I do go out.

It's weird, my strength is fine when I first hit the gym, in fact I'm improving on all of my lifts. In terms of volume though, I had to scale back a little bit, not enough to hurt my gains but it was definitely noticeable.

I just hope my body adjusts to fin in time so I can find a healthy balance between hair and feeling like my old self. I'm not worried about any post-finasteride issues whatsoever, so I mine as well try and ride it out....but yeah, if the sides don't improve to a respectable degree, I'd honestly probably prefer to just drop all treatment and move on. To each their own lol.

Comment

• DifferentLine
        • Feb 2013

I felt the same way when I started fin.

To remedy it I started taking the pill at night (just before bed); instead of first thing in the morning. Whether that the difference or my body just adjusted to the lower DHT levels I don't know.

Comment

• MinorSixth
          • Aug 2012

Have you noticed any other changes, for example dry hair/skin?

Comment

Working...