+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 and considering the big 3 ( pics)

Hey , I have been losing hair slowly, I'm not sure when it started, but have seen old photos back from when I was 17/18, and I certainly know that in the last 8-12 months my hair is exactly the same as it is now- that is , aroudn NW2 and slight crown thinning.

I'm not too worried about the fin sides, I am on SSRI citalopram and it had a MUCH higher incidence of so called 'side effects' (not that i'm doubting they are real , but they just don't worry me).

My only concern is actually my facial hair growth being stunted by propecia!

pics attached- my hair is gelled back to show the front and the pictures of the crown are just after drying after a shower
    My question would be: do you guys think the big 3 would be effective for me? Or am I too young/far gone for them to work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	temple 1 .jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	21459   Click image for larger version

Name:	temple 2 .jpg

Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	21460   Click image for larger version

Name:	hairline.jpg

Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	21461   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown flash.jpg

Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	21462   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown no flash.jpg

Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	21463  

lol normally people worry about losing their dick with propecia but you worry about facial hair growth getting stunted by propecia

I don't think it would completely stop facial hair growth but it will probably slow it down, but on the bright side same will happen to your other body hair e.g. chest

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    lol normally people worry about losing their dick with propecia but you worry about facial hair growth getting stunted by propecia

I don't think it would completely stop facial hair growth but it will probably slow it down, but on the bright side same will happen to your other body hair e.g. chest
    Do you reckon I could stall/keep my hair for another 5-10 years with the big 3 though?

Quote Originally Posted by amibald View Post
    Do you reckon I could stall/keep my hair for another 5-10 years with the big 3 though?
    You should be able to keep it for however long you use it for. Although, I've heard finasteride losses effectiveness over the years ... but logically I don't see how it losses effectiveness over the years if it keeps on blocking testosterone from converting to DHT like it does when you first start

You should be able to keep it for however long you use it for. Although, I've heard finasteride losses effectiveness over the years ... but logically I don't see how it losses effectiveness over the years if it keeps on blocking testosterone from converting to DHT like it does when you first start
    I just want to hold out until something better comes out, otherwise it ****ing sucks going bald this young

Quote Originally Posted by amibald View Post
    I just want to hold out until something better comes out, otherwise it ****ing sucks going bald this young
    I feel for you man, no one should have to go through this crap at such an early age. If you keep taking it everyday as you should you can hold your hair for an eternity

I feel for you man, no one should have to go through this crap at such an early age. If you keep taking it everyday as you should you can hold your hair for an eternity
    So you think it will work for me? I don't trust online pharmacies though, going to get fin from Boots ( £90/3 months is good value).

I'll start buying up after my tonsillectomy in 5 weeks lol