View Poll Results: To what degree do you think HST is legit and a success?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally legit and the best option out there.

2 5.00%
  • Seems legit, good option but not perfect and there are some unanswered questions.

15 37.50%
  • Really don't know, it's still pretty unproven.

8 20.00%
  • I am completely unconvinced.

15 37.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Poll: What do you think of Hasci and their HST?

Hi all,

Just thought I'd put up a little poll to see what the general feeling is about HST...

There seems to be such mixed opinions about it and it also seems like perhaps those who were convinced by it are slightly less positive about it.

Thought it would be interesting to see some stats on this...

LOL, Didi's vote, what a surprise

I think it's still pretty unproven, because I have never ever seen any hair regrown in the donor area nor in the recipient area.

Thanks.

Despite all the questions and the grey zones with hst, the main alternative is the "golden standard". Therefore, hst is obviously the best option out there imho.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Despite all the questions and the grey zones with hst, the main alternative is the "golden standard". Therefore, hst is obviously the best option out there imho.
    That's my view in a nutshell - HST is better than FUE and FUT, clearly in that regard there's no contest. However there still isn't the evidence objectively that HST works as claimed. The lack of transparency with any dealings with HASCI is a major issue for me, see the mess up (or chicanery) with the 50 graft tests. However, I get the feeling that HASCI is sloppy rather than evil.

Of course HST is better than FUE and FUT...everybody can agree that there is regeneration but ppl are questioning the percentage of regeneration but regardless what the percentage is, actually even if there is no regeneration at all.. A scarless procedure > than any other procedure which leavs scars...
    Hair transplant is so risky since nobody can assure that they won't progress to nw6/7.. So having a procedure which leavs scars is too risky until there is an efictive cure that can stop hair loss of native hair once and for all with no sides..

Ironman is gonna rig this ballot and vote for 'totally legit' a hundred times...

There are still a lot of questions about the procedure that remain unanswered. I don't believe the 80% donor regeneration figure. I think it's much lower than that. To have an accurate regeneration rate, you'd need to properly document a 50 graft test procedure. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon from HASCI but I hope I'm wrong. Without an accurate donor regeneration figure, it's difficult to plan things out or truly understand the limitations beyond HASCI's marketing.

I think the point above is directly tied to why HASCI is so conservative, why they haven't shared the procedure with others, and why we have yet to see any truly amazing transformations. I think they'd rather keep us in the dark, which is unfortunate, especially for the patients who invested a lot to have a procedure with them.

In terms of scarring, I'll give HASCI credit. I have yet to see any visible scarring from them. This is a huge deal for any patient who might ever have the desire to buzz/shave their head. The question is, at what cost does this come at the recipient side (i.e., lack of 3-hair FUs, thinner results)? Quite a few patients have shown some impressive results with their hair buzzed after the procedure, so there's certainly something there.

Regardless of how this whole saga turns out, I think it will bring about positive changes whether directly or indirectly. More patients are now demanding advancements in hair transplant surgery. The current options, particularly FUT, are so limited and primitive that the demand will eventually lead to better procedures. That fact that we have so many surgeons now experimenting with new treatments is great and I think it's a direct consequence of the buzz HST generated.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post

Without an accurate donor regeneration figure, it's difficult to plan things out or truly understand the limitations beyond HASCI's marketing.
    You are totally right. For example, a guy with all in all 3-5 hairs available in his "donor area" for transplantation (guys like didi etc etc) - it's extremely difficult for them to plan things out with HST and how many of these 3-5 hairs available in their donor area they can afford to lose.

Nobody thinks HSt is 'totally legit'??, even hasci patients/cheerleaders or ex fanboys are still unconvinced.
    That is very disappointing.

BTW IM, according to this study by well known doctors, 3 hair grafts are more common than 1 hair grafts...maybe its time for hasci to get bigger punch so they can start giving patients better coverage.

http://www.clinicajimenezacosta.com/...blicacion1.pdf

The African individual has a
    lower hair density (average 160 hairs/cm2) than the
    Asian (average 170 hairs/cm2) and Caucasian (average
    200 hairs/cm2).
    In human scalp, the majority of the hair emerges as
    2-hair follicular units. The second most common unit
    is the 3-hair unit.