View Poll Results: To what degree do you think HST is legit and a success?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally legit and the best option out there.

2 5.00%
  • Seems legit, good option but not perfect and there are some unanswered questions.

15 37.50%
  • Really don't know, it's still pretty unproven.

8 20.00%
  • I am completely unconvinced.

15 37.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    His donor supply hasn't been maxed out though. He was offered 3 x free procedures. I actually suspect he will go back for more at his own cost next time.

What you have probably have read is the 'general advice' that you will begin to see some thinning after having 3 HST's.

Hasci are overly cautious imo.

hardly impressive for hair multiplication, safe to say hasci extracted only 2 and 1 hair grafts, giving DS roughly about 7000-8000 HAIRS which could have been achieved with 3000 FUE grafts buy some skilled fue doctor such as dr Lorenzo or Ferudini, Cole..they use bigger punches .8-.9mm and manage to get scarfree fue after a few thousand grafts...I can only assume if they use .6mm punch they could achieve scar free ht

Bottom line is DS is still bald, I mean very bald

if that's the best HST(which is marketed as hair multiplication) can do then its very disappointing and its nothing to be excited about

HST is good HT if you want to have some light coverage with conservative hairline but calling it multiplication is deceiving..

Quote Originally Posted by Dees Dab View Post
    I beleive Kristel said you should have your newly transplanted hair for life.

Plus there should be some improvements allegedly coming within the next 5-10 years so not to worry.

I'm thinking some time next year myself. Are you growing your hair to cover the shaved part? Will you be taking close up pics to check regeneration rate etc?
    Hey Dees Dab,

Thanks for the write. Yeah, I'm growing my hair long to cover the shaved part. Deborah told me that there's basically 2 ways to do it; shave your head (preferable by HASCI) or grow it 8-9 cm to cover a one inch wide strip. No, I won't be taking close-ups to check to regeneration rate; the regeneration is really secondary to me; it's the lack of scarring and fast recovery that I look forward to.
    I think Kristel is smoking hot, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    hardly impressive for hair multiplication, safe to say hasci extracted only 2 and 1 hair grafts, giving DS roughly about 7000-8000 HAIRS which could have been achieved with 3000 FUE grafts buy some skilled fue doctor such as dr Lorenzo or Ferudini, Cole..they use bigger punches .8-.9mm and manage to get scarfree fue after a few thousand grafts...I can only assume if they use .6mm punch they could achieve scar free ht

Bottom line is DS is still bald, I mean very bald

if that's the best HST(which is marketed as hair multiplication) can do then its very disappointing and its nothing to be excited about

HST is good HT if you want to have some light coverage with conservative hairline but calling it multiplication is deceiving..
    how?? i thought bigger punches always = scarring?? you cant shave down to a 1 with this... correct???

Quote Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post
    how?? i thought bigger punches always = scarring?? you cant shave down to a 1 with this... correct???

Can somebody please ask our friend James Bald how many normal FUE extractions he had all in all and how his occiput would look like after a Lorenzo's 10,000 FUE procedure?

And then you'll now it: didi's IQ is lower than a chimpanzee's IQ ...

Btw - as you can see ...

... not even this is possible!
    Hairs on top of your head and a completely ****ed up occiput ...

With HST, I think even after 10-15 average HST procedures, an occiput like James Bald's wouldn't look like as shown in the 1st photo above.

I just don't understand how you can have 85% regeneration and then advise against more procedures after 5100 grafts. If you extract 5100 grafts and get 85% regeneration then that means that only 765 grafts did not regenerate, so what you're telling me is that if Saunders had went the traditional fue route he would have only been able to extract 765 grafts before his donor was depleted? I have below average donor density and I could get way more than 765 grafts from fue, so what that means to me is that the regeneration figure is way way way lower than 85%.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post

BTW IM, according to this study by well known doctors, 3 hair grafts are more common than 1 hair grafts...maybe its time for hasci to get bigger punch so they can start giving patients better coverage.

http://www.clinicajimenezacosta.com/...blicacion1.pdf
    First of all, "this study" is old, outdated - and not accepted at all in this field, because they counted the hairs/grafts/FU's simply from PHOTOS - and doing this, is extremely tricky!

And here is just 1 proof, how tricky such a "study" can be:
    The following pic shows such a photo from this study...

According to this study-photo - so tell me please...

... how many 1-hair, 2-hair and 3-hair grafts implanted Dr. Gho into gc's recipient area during gc'c 2nd HST, when you compare gc's close-up photo with the study-photo?

Furthermore, as you can see and if you compare the photos, the growth and DISTRIBUTION of gc's brand new recipient hairs/FU's (2nd HST) is practically identical to the completely natural distributed hairs/FU's in the study-photo!

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I just don't understand how you can have 85% regeneration and then advise against more procedures after 5100 grafts. If you extract 5100 grafts and get 85% regeneration then that means that only 765 grafts did not regenerate, so what you're telling me is that if Saunders had went the traditional fue route he would have only been able to extract 765 grafts before his donor was depleted? I have below average donor density and I could get way more than 765 grafts from fue, so what that means to me is that the regeneration figure is way way way lower than 85%.
    Re-read what GC83UK said on the previous page. HASCI says that after 3 HST's you'll start to notice thinning in your donor. Which means of course it's far from depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Re-read what GC83UK said on the previous page. HASCI says that after 3 HST's you'll start to notice thinning in your donor. Which means of course it's far from depleted.
    Could you please (you = the guy who doesn't even understand his native language) DEFINE and/or describe the term "thinning" concerning HST procedures?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Could you please (you = the guy who doesn't even understand his native language) DEFINE and/or describe the term "thinning" concerning HST procedures?

Thanks in advance.
    What did I not understand or are you just trolling again ? And sorry but I'm really not sure what you want. Define thinning ? You don't know what that is ? Thinning is what happens when you lose hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

Thinning is what happens when you lose hair.
    Right - and now try to define and/or describe "thinning" (with photos etc) concerning HST.

Yeah, that should be English. On the other hand, how should someone understand my request in English, when he don't even understand his own native language?