+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Also topcat have you ever looked into and done any research on Dr Arvind? If you have time go to his website and take a look. He has been very informative and responsive to me with emails and phone calls from India answering all of my continual questions and understands my concerns and apprehensions about going through this procedure and making this trip. He is not putting any pressure on me to do this and seems to be genuinely concerned and helpful. Also financially the $500 deposit to hold the time with the clinic is refundable or the time can be changed if I notify them within 30 days. The rest of the money can be paid at the clinic with credit card or bank check, cash, or wire since I won't know exactly how many grafts can be done until they see me in person. Makes me feel more comfortable. Just giving you more info on this in case you're interested. I know you like to hear everyone's story on this. Also good for others to hear this just for more info. I'm close to making a decision. Going to give Dr Umar here in CA another shot and see if he can come down in his pricing. Still rather stay in the states.
    CITNews works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant - Atlanta Clinic
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Lounk there were some things I didn’t like going back almost 10 years ago. But little things matter to me that most will simply ignore and if that works for them than fine I’m a little bit more particular. I don’t ever recall bad mouthing any doctor on the forums outside those doctors that actually performed work on me long ago and even then it was minimal as it doesn’t matter to me and I’m more concerned with posting on deceptions, lies, deletions those type of issues along with my opinions on types of procedures and how the industry operates.I think what most patients that are researching will find is that you will rarely read anything extremely negative from someone who is not an actual patient of a clinic regardless of what they might know. It’s just not a good idea for many reasons and other prospective patients should be aware of this as I see many asking questions on the forum that simply can’t be answered, they need to meet people and speak with them in person or on the phone.

I will just state what I like about Dr Arvind and that is I think he is a gentleman and a really good person and to me that is something that is very important.

Lounk an important point for others that read the forums to remember is that you have to spend at least 5 years or more of daily reading if they are going to be your sole source of research. The only way you will find out about negative experiences is as patients post them and that is a very small number as most are ashamed and feel suckered or they are more consumed with self help. When they do post those negative results and/or experiences they do not last too long but what is interesting to watch is how the clinic/rep handles it. Often times the reps can all of a sudden turn from nice guy to not so nice guy and one does wonder about their integrity as they force that patient to move on and often times ask for those threads to either be deleted or archived.

I often see questions posted to the forums asking which doctor is better Doctor X or Doctor Y. A similar question might be I’m thinking about going to Doctor X for a procedure what do you guys think. These posters don’t realize they can’t possible get a negative answer it rarely happens. What is even worse is often times they take that silence as cue to move forward. This is just a short explanation on how it works I will have an in depth chapter in the book. This is not meant to be an opinion on a specific doctor or clinic.

Many in the industry will keep repeating the phrase that all the bad procedures are from 20 years ago from guys that made bad decisions. They will just keep repeating that mantra over and over again, it’s almost like they are trying to cast a hypnotic spell. Can they be that clueless that much of the damage being done today is being performed by so called top docs………………..please I wish they would stop it already as it is getting hard to stomach.

Default Bht

Hey Topcat. Been a while since I posted. Did not go to DR Arvind in India as of yet. Had an fue procedure of about 250 scalp hair and 50 test beard hair done at the end of January with my ht doc. Starting to grow in now. Will not make much difference aesthetically speaking. Need a ton more of hair to look reasonable. My ht doc is not experienced using beard or body hair and said she would like to use me as a first if the hairs grow in ok. She also said she wouldn't charge me. My problem here is one of confidence and time. If I need let's say 7-8000 body hair to scalp transplants to look reasonable and my ht doc will only do beard and no chest, and maybe 500 max at each session it will take too long and I'll need chest hair anyway. I'm 63 this month. That is why I'm considering Dr Arvind because over a 5 day period he can do 7000 beard and chest hair combined and then I go home and heal and hope that it grows in. I know it's a risk but Arvind does good bht work according to my investigating him and this is sort of my last shot at this whole thing. If it fails at least I can say I tried and took the informed risk. If it's reasonably successful I will be thankful. Have a follow up apt with my ht doc at the end of this month. I will be deciding what path to take shortly after that. Congratz to you on the look you have achieved.

Default 1 year after second procedure with Dr. Umar

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Hey Topcat. Been a while since I posted. Did not go to DR Arvind in India as of yet. Had an fue procedure of about 250 scalp hair and 50 test beard hair done at the end of January with my ht doc. Starting to grow in now. Will not make much difference aesthetically speaking. Need a ton more of hair to look reasonable. My ht doc is not experienced using beard or body hair and said she would like to use me as a first if the hairs grow in ok. She also said she wouldn't charge me. My problem here is one of confidence and time. If I need let's say 7-8000 body hair to scalp transplants to look reasonable and my ht doc will only do beard and no chest, and maybe 500 max at each session it will take too long and I'll need chest hair anyway. I'm 63 this month. That is why I'm considering Dr Arvind because over a 5 day period he can do 7000 beard and chest hair combined and then I go home and heal and hope that it grows in. I know it's a risk but Arvind does good bht work according to my investigating him and this is sort of my last shot at this whole thing. If it fails at least I can say I tried and took the informed risk. If it's reasonably successful I will be thankful. Have a follow up apt with my ht doc at the end of this month. I will be deciding what path to take shortly after that. Congratz to you on the look you have achieved.
    Hi again

Here's my thinking...Bud you have to bust a move here. We are not getting any younger and the technology is there.

I am just a year out from my second procedure with Dr. Umar. Guess what, I get to wear my hair back now. I use to hide my temple recession and the minis in the frontal hairline...but no more...all fixed. I use to wear derm-match to try to cover the crown baldness but guess what, no more. I can't tell you how many people, even this last Saturday, have said....You look really good...and they can't tell what I've had done.

These are precious years for us and right now, and it's all there for you ...just do it. I would strongly suggest getting Dr. Umar to do your procedures. For me, it was so worth it.

The only regret I have is that I didn't go to him years ago. He has changed my life.

Best to you
    ch

Default Bht

I went to Umar for a consult. Can't afford him. Arvind is almost half the cost and he has a great reputation for doing bht. Don't want to go to India but have to consider the cost. If I could I would definitely use Umar. How many grafts did you get and from what areas? Was it painful? I have no more scalp donor left. Beard, chest, and wherever else can safely be taken I'm game. I'm happy to hear the work on you was successful. I just want to be able to feel comfortable for the rest of my days. Thanks for your post.

Why don't you consider flying to Turkey for Doganay? He's IAHRS, does BHT and has very democratic prices if what I've read is true.

Default Bht

Have not researched or heard of him. I will check out his website and do some research. Are you familiar with his work?

Hey Fred. Sent pics to Doganay and was told I'm not a good candidate. At least he was honest.

Oh OK, too bad. How did he determine that? The thickness of your beard/body hair? The extent of your hair loss?