+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

First of all Topcat, I am not using this forum only only to get help. I have participated in this forum to to share my experience and to learn about other peoples experiences and to give my input which might be helpful to some. Most people with hair loss problems and experiences do not participate in any forums. As for pictures, while posting your pictures has been helpful and I commend you for that, it is a personal choice. Has nothing to do with good or bad karma. I stated in a previous post that I would post before and after pics when I'm done. And as far as being helpful to the community, I will take the time to post the decision I make as to what and where my procedure will be and what type of work will be done just like I've taken the time to participate in this forum over the past year and a half or so. Don't want any bad Karma following me around.

Hey I respect your honest reply that's exactly how it should be. Hope it works out for you whatever you decide to do and if you move forward I look forward to seeing the pictures.

You have been very civil and maybe just a little frustration on my part on what on see going on in this industry. Sometimes what I see makes absolutely no sense and there is no need for it but some of these guys are just so greedy for money that they have become completely blind. They like to think repair patients are bitter when in fact many of us are not but what we are bitter about is what we see them doing to others today.

And what really bothers me are all these patients that contact me and tell me this doctor butchered them or this rep told them to do this. None of these guys are coming forward to tell anyone or post there pictures so they are in fact helping no one but themselves. So of course this starts to wind me up after a while as they are the ones that can force change and I can't post their experience for them.

Understood. The only real screwing I got was with the plug transplants in the 70's. The last 2 fut ht's were well done but not asthetically helpful because I will need much more grafts. The strip scars are very small and the hair is growing in. I have not gone through what you went through. If I do go to India and Dr Arvind I know I am taking a risk. I have done much research and hope to make the right decision and that things turn out satisfactory for me. Just wish there was a doc in the states who was experienced and reasonably priced for the work I have to have done. And topcat, you can get screwed from any profession, from plumber, electrician, auto mechanics, to priests, doctors, and lawyers. You have to be as educated as possible and aware of possible pitfalls and even after all of that you can still get screwed. That's the imperfect reality we live in. That being said, I enjoy life.

I agree I try to deal with people I know are of high moral character or become as educated on a process as possible. This whole experience for me personally has been very good in many ways as I have not been to a doctor in almost 30 years and I am just more aware in general and have been able to help many others with that awareness. I have also gotten to the point where the hair is no longer a big deal and more of a story to tell others and a lesson learned. Of course if I can fix it I will do the best I can but that’s more of a personality trait of mine. As I get older I seem to care less about the hair and more about what I see happening around me.

I think most would agree that with medical procedures there should be zero tolerance for any type of deception and when it rears its head it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law with maximum penalties imposed wealth confiscated and prison time served regardless of if we are talking about cancer or hair transplantation.

If I was back in the 70's I would have sued the doc's who who did the plug transplants on me. Those type of ht's should never have been allowed to be used in the first place. Doc's of all kinds got into it and made tons of money while screwing so many with false hopes and terrible outcomes. I just believed and trusted them. They were doctors and professionals after all. Like you I learned the hard way. It's still happening today but hopefully more people get educated about the Dr's and the different procedures before they get work done. There are a lot of honest and skilled Dr's doing good ht work. So buyer be ware. Good luck to you on your journey.

Lounk I rarely look back and think about those experiences from the past as they are not important for me. When I do hear those in the industry talk about guys like Brandy or lifts I find it amazing. It’s not important but they just don’t seem to “get it”, what is important is what is happening today to these young guys and who is doing it to them. Do they not see this or is there some other reason.

You have these reps out there actively having other patients lie for them often on the forums. I have a very long list of conversations. What some of these same patients don’t get is the rep will do the same to you as they are now sadly experiencing. This is part of the character of the rep and why it’s important to observe them over time. These young guys become so blind with desperation that they often don’t see that young single rep who is trying to fill his pockets with as much money as possible in as many ways as possible does not have their best interest at heart. You even have some of these reps bold enough to post about all the ass they are banging. Hey that’s all good but these young guys need to understand that this does not make for a good advisor. Think over 40, married with kids maybe religious whatever it is look for responsible people to advise you, it’s important. If all a person seems to care about is another avenue to make money well guess what it’s easy to see and it’s a warning signal so take heed.

Lounk unlike what we might have experienced in the past what is going on today is active consumer fraud in many instances.

My advice it to look for real people that you can meet. Many in this industry are often afraid of being recognized in public and that fear is probably warranted as maybe they have been less than honest and now they worry.

The more I study this industry the more amazed I become almost to the point of fascination. It’s quite bizarre in many ways as who would think that this all goes on with a medically related procedure. Lounk part of the reason I even asked you to post photos was to be assured that you were in fact real. It was not meant to be offensive but the way this industry operates one needs to go in doubting everything they see unless they are 100% certain. Sometimes they will insert posters to throw threads off topic or maybe bury a message…………I know pretty bizarre but I guess there is just that much money at stake here. These are some of the things other young guys need to watch out for. It’s almost like playing with radioactive waste, unless one really knows what they are doing the consequences can be devastating. It’s no wonder many of these guys are on all kinds of pills to feel good.

First topcat I am real as are my experiences. I didn't realize the inner workings of the ht field was so layered and filled with so much fraud today. You've been through it over the years. I had a bad experience in the 70's that I had to live with for over 35 years but have only ventured back to the ht world in the last 2 years or so. The 2 fut ht's I had were done well but they will not be enough for me esthetically. That is why I'm venturing into the bht world. That's a whole different venue with limited skilled doctors so my research has been extensive. Again I can still get screwed but I'm hoping I make the right choice and things turn out ok.

Well I wish you the best but I also still stand by my advice of going slow. I have seen some incredibly bizarre results with mega session bht. I honestly believe it is very dangerous. I don't know how else to put it, it's not about who goes to which doctor it's just something I think should not played around with as the consequences in my opinion can devastating.

Of course I can understand your position as we share similar experiences I just don't want you to end up worse off. You seem to be living your life so be careful to make it better and not worse.

Risk reward. You've had bht work done and it looks pretty good although not a large amount. I've seen some patients personally who've had large bht procedures and they looked ok. Like I said I've done a lot of research on this. Never any guarantees. Thanks for your concern.

Also topcat have you ever looked into and done any research on Dr Arvind? If you have time go to his website and take a look. He has been very informative and responsive to me with emails and phone calls from India answering all of my continual questions and understands my concerns and apprehensions about going through this procedure and making this trip. He is not putting any pressure on me to do this and seems to be genuinely concerned and helpful. Also financially the $500 deposit to hold the time with the clinic is refundable or the time can be changed if I notify them within 30 days. The rest of the money can be paid at the clinic with credit card or bank check, cash, or wire since I won't know exactly how many grafts can be done until they see me in person. Makes me feel more comfortable. Just giving you more info on this in case you're interested. I know you like to hear everyone's story on this. Also good for others to hear this just for more info. I'm close to making a decision. Going to give Dr Umar here in CA another shot and see if he can come down in his pricing. Still rather stay in the states.