+ Reply to Thread

Default Price for 1000 Grafts?

just curious really, what would be the cheapest price for 1000 grafts? Obviously talking cheapest but still good value.

More specifically, what's the cheapest in each country(i.e Canada, USA, India), I read somewhere that india only charges $1500 in some areas! but the USA can get up to 6-8K for 1000!

Also how much is 1000 grafts exactly? good enough for a NW3?

Hey dawg.

I am a good example of this. I was a NW 3 but was far more concerned with price and if the procedure worked or not. I went with 1300 grafts to cover an area about 2/3rds of an inch across the front restoring my hairline back to when I was 22 or so.

In my case it was an enormous success. however, in hindsight I would have had 3000 grafts put in and been done with it. Now, I have a great hairline, but its nowhere near as thick as I need it.

If you are a NW 3, you either split it up into 2 procedures like I am, or go for one giant procedure. Are you thinning in the crown as well or just in the front?

How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey dawg.

I am a good example of this. I was a NW 3 but was far more concerned with price and if the procedure worked or not. I went with 1300 grafts to cover an area about 2/3rds of an inch across the front restoring my hairline back to when I was 22 or so.

In my case it was an enormous success. however, in hindsight I would have had 3000 grafts put in and been done with it. Now, I have a great hairline, but its nowhere near as thick as I need it.

If you are a NW 3, you either split it up into 2 procedures like I am, or go for one giant procedure. Are you thinning in the crown as well or just in the front?

How old are you?
    Hey drybone thanks for the reply!

I am thinning a bit on the crown actually, so would probably need another 1000 for density

I am about to turn 22 so my hairloss is pretty aggressive, but how much did your procedure cost?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Also how much is 1000 grafts exactly? good enough for a NW3?
    That depends on the clinic. We charge by follicular unit. The FU can have 1-6 hairs, with six hair grafts being rare. Some other clinics dissect the follicular units and charge per hair.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 10:56 AM.

The quality of grafts and the type of graft vary depending on the quality of the surgeon and his staff....Apples and oranges so to speak between clinics. Some physicians never bother to look at the grafts their staff cuts or to look at the end result. Some FUE docs don't even cut their grafts. If a layman does all the work, one would assume the cost is less, but is it worth even a fraction of this. Cost is often the last thing you should be concerned with. Your donor area is a finite source. You can't go out and buy more of it. Your result is important and it cost's far more to fix a poor result. Be careful.

What I've always told my patients is that should they need me to work within a budget, don't be afraid to ask.