Which is more emotionally scarring: Being short(5'4 and below) or really bald??? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Which is more emotionally scarring: Being short(5'4 and below) or really bald???

Serious ?

Sometimes I wonder who has it worse:
    I'm Norwood 7 and I dont know how guys can just move on....I feel so depressed quite often.

I think short is worse. I'm 5'11 and feel uncomfortable with my height at times. At 5'11 I can get jacked, have some presence, and ultimately counter some baldness.

Both suck; height just influences an individuals entire presence, while hair sort of augments the package.

I would say short is worse. But I dont see people making fun of really short people. Atleast not as openly as they'd make fun of the bald guy. Also being bald makes you look much older. Not the case with height.

Depends on the rest of you. Some guys can pull off the bald look and still look good. Just like if you are a goodlooking short guy, you can definitely still attract shorter girls

Below a 5'4 man seems really rough in north America or Europe though. Like BigThinker I sometimes feel shorter and I am technically average (5'10). Even at this height my options are a bit limited....I have never been witha girl above 5'8 and that was srsly pushing it (we were the same height when I wore dress shoes and she wore 3 inch heels, & if it was not for mutual friends I doubt it would have happened at all)

It is all relative though. If I went to Colombia or something I might be seen as a taller guy, but probably also a higher Norwood by their standards....

I'd say being really short would be worse. What would absolutely suck is if a person were below 5'4 and slick bald.

I'm 6'2" and I wouldn't want to be any shorter even if it meant I could keep my hair. It's not like I can do anything with it anyway, it's all fuzzy and weird like a Brillo pad, lol. At least if you're bald you can wear beanies or hats everywhere you go. (Except "formal occasions" I guess...)

Dunno, I'm 5,7 (?) = 175 cm and although I wish I was at least 5-7 centimeters bigger, it has the advantage that people estimate you younger. I'm 28 and eventhough I'm (a rather advanced) diffuse thinner, people still estimate me 3-4 years younger. I do workout though. Girls can think the Tom Cruise/Shia Lebouf types are cute. But nobody will respect the small fat Danny Devito type.

Again, I wish I was bigger but i never had any complexes about it (in contrary to my hair). You're born the way you are, so you accept it. Your hair is something that's taken.

I'm also 5.7" and it's never really been an issue for me.

If I wear proper shoes, ie leather with a bit of a step I'm 5.8", I could wear lifts and easily pass 5.11" but I've never felt the need.

I'd rather be this height with my NW 2 than 6.2" with a NW7.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Serious ?

Sometimes I wonder who has it worse:
    I'm Norwood 7 and I dont know how guys can just move on....I feel so depressed quite often.
    I am also NW7, but its not a big deal for me. I don't look ugly even with a NW7! And for your question, I think, being short is far worse, because you can't fix it at all. Baldness is still somewhat fixable and maybe more so in the future.

One of my childhood best friends is 5' 4" and he is very depressed about it, just as depressed as us here who have hair loss. He is 25, loves wrestling, acting and his height has made it hard for him to find a career in the things he loves doing.

I think being 5' 4" is worse, because after you are done growing, you can't do shit about getting taller. There is no Avodart, Propecia, Rogaine for growing taller, and I don't know about surgeries to grow taller but I know we have FUT, FUE, Gho, etc, if you have the money for all that. I know if you are still a kid, you can take HGH injections to grow taller, like that Soccer player did. But the injections cost an arm, more than HT's I heard.

Hair loss has ****ed up my social life, and I can't get it back, and it's definitely because of hair loss that I lost my social life. But at least I can regain my hair and I actually have regained a bunch of hair, but my best friend can not regain something he never had in the first place, which is his height.