+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hey What's up guys

I'll just jump right into it. I'm 36, MPB, maybe a NW4? Been losing my hair since my early 20's.

Just to give you some background info. I went to see my Dr. when I was about age 25 to discuss hair loss. Instead of trying to help me slow it down or stop it, he began to tell me how it is just a natural part of life and how it will happen to most guys. He told me to look at his hairloss. This dude was at least 50!! What a useless waste of skin. Needless to say, he isn't my doctor anymore.

Not too long after that I started cutting my hair really short. Longer hair is a pain in the ass to have where I work and since I thought my hair was garbage I just said screw it. Fast forward to today and just recently I saw a picture of myself from behind and I was like holy crap I am really bald. Haha! So I know I am very late to the party. Not completely shiny anywhere, but in the front due to MPB. So I am trying to do what I can to slow this down, maybe stop it, reverse it a little.

So doing research online about hairloss products and stuff I found this site and decided to join. If I think of anything else I will add it below.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I'll just jump right into it. I'm 36, MPB, maybe a NW4? Been losing my hair since my early 20's.

Just to give you some background info. I went to see my Dr. when I was about age 25 to discuss hair loss. Instead of trying to help me slow it down or stop it, he began to tell me how it is just a natural part of life and how it will happen to most guys. He told me to look at his hairloss. This dude was at least 50!! What a useless waste of skin. Needless to say, he isn't my doctor anymore.

Not too long after that I started cutting my hair really short. Longer hair is a pain in the ass to have where I work and since I thought my hair was garbage I just said screw it. Fast forward to today and just recently I saw a picture of myself from behind and I was like holy crap I am really bald. Haha! So I know I am very late to the party. Not completely shiny anywhere, but in the front due to MPB. So I am trying to do what I can to slow this down, maybe stop it, reverse it a little.

So doing research online about hairloss products and stuff I found this site and decided to join. If I think of anything else I will add it below.
    Welcome to the forum. This is a really good place to learn about treatments and to learn to cope.

Thanks. I try to keep a level head when dealing with losing hair though. I don't like it, but I am not suicidal either. Just try to deal with it the best I can. What you guys have going on here is for the most part pretty good. You have some guys that are a bit over the top, but most seem pretty cool.

Just to let you know what I am using:

Minox foam or minox solution w/hairmuck 2x/day
    Regenpure Dr shampoo daily(if possible)
    Microneedle 3 - 4 times a week
    Daily Vitamins(nothing special)
    Biotin
    Silica
    Saw Palmetto

Have been on this stuff for about a month now. No noticable results, but I will stick with it and take pics about every month or so.

Default Hair Growth Update With Pics

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post some pics with my progress. Not amazing results, but I have kept my expectations realistic so at this point I am pretty satisfied. Let me know what you think or if you have questions let me know.

This is what I use:
    1mg Prepecia ED(for about 8 weeks)
    Regenepure DR shampoo 4 - 5 days/week
    Minox foam or liquid(mixed in with hair muck) 2x/day
    Dermaroller Microneedle 3-4 days/week
    Vitamins: 1 Biotin 5000mcg and 1 Silica Complex 500mg ED

I know I am using a lot of stuff, some of which is probably ineffective. But I have no clue what is so I continue to take it all.

Each pic was taken approx. one month apart starting with the baseline pic. You will notice I started at almost a NW6 so I keep my expectations very low. Believe it or not I actually went through a bit of a shed during the first month. You might notice less hair after the 1st month at my crown. Lastly every pic taken is right after I cut my hair. I use #2 clipper on top. BTW I am not using concealer to give the appearance of more hair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	base top.jpg

Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	22414   Click image for larger version

Name:	month 1 top.jpg

Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	22415   Click image for larger version

Name:	month 2 top.jpg

Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	22416   Click image for larger version

Name:	month 3 top.jpg

Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	22417  

wow awesome!! If that's actually the same length every month, looks like some serious progress! would be better if u used one each for about 8 months but i totally understand you just wanting results keep it up dude!!

Thumbs up

Wow, very impressive results!

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    wow awesome!! If that's actually the same length every month, looks like some serious progress! would be better if u used one each for about 8 months but i totally understand you just wanting results keep it up dude!!
    Yeah, same length. I use a clipper 2 guard. With the amount of hair I have, I don't see the point of letting it grow much longer than that. Also it makes it easier to use the derma roller and apply minoxidil. I save money on shampoo with it this short too. I use about a nickel sized amount in my palm.

I hear what you are saying about about using one product at a time, but my level of desperation led me to panic and try everything I could to get my hair loss under control.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Wow, very impressive results!
    Thanks dude, I will keep you guys updated on my progress.

great pictures and thread glad you took the time to post this