+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The decision to take fin or any drug is a big one to make. I am glad I decided to take it, but its not for everybody. The main regret I have is not finding BTT earlier and starting treatment years ago. I just hope when you are as old as I am you don't have the same regret.
    ... I believe I'm actually older than you are. And do have regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    ... I believe I'm actually older than you are. And do have regrets.
    Not sure how old you are but I was 36 when I started treatment. If I was younger and still developing, I would be a little more worried about sides. This forum isn't a good indicator of everybody that has tried or used fin, but it sounds like most of the guys that suffer from sides are younger, late teens/early twenties.

Again, not pushing you to try meds, but living with regret sucks.

Not sure how old you are but I was 36 when I started treatment. If I was younger and still developing, I would be a little more worried about sides. This forum isn't a good indicator of everybody that has tried or used fin, but it sounds like most of the guys that suffer from sides are younger, late teens/early twenties.

Again, not pushing you to try meds, but living with regret sucks.
    I'm 44 bud. I don't want attacking from younger sufferers on here either. I'm single, vain in crisis and still f*n worry.

If one cares, it hurts at whatever age, I'm sure you can appreciate that too. It's Russian roulette using Fin, just scared to pull the trigger.

I'm 44 bud. I don't want attacking from younger sufferers on here either. I'm single, vain in crisis and still f*n worry.

If one cares, it hurts at whatever age, I'm sure you can appreciate that too. It's Russian roulette using Fin, just scared to pull the trigger.
    There is nothing wrong taking pride in what you look like. You are right, it does hurt at any age. It pissed me off in my early 20's and again in my late 30's when I realized just how bad it had gotten. I have seen guys on these forums in their 50's. When will we stop caring? Maybe never.

With everything that we see on the internet I can definitely understand fear of fin sides. I know many will say I am wrong, but I just don't believe in persistent sides. I believe if you get sides, then you get off the drug and things will get back to normal.

Man this hair loss crap is a real pain huh?!

There is nothing wrong taking pride in what you look like. You are right, it does hurt at any age. It pissed me off in my early 20's and again in my late 30's when I realized just how bad it had gotten. I have seen guys on these forums in their 50's. When will we stop caring? Maybe never.

With everything that we see on the internet I can definitely understand fear of fin sides. I know many will say I am wrong, but I just don't believe in persistent sides. I believe if you get sides, then you get off the drug and things will get back to normal.

Man this hair loss crap is a real pain huh?!
    I hear ya. I started losing very slowly at the age of 27 I think . It was definitely around then.

It does hurt even when I'm older, family and friends take the piss, I hate it.

Thing that worries me about Fin is the potential persistent sides after you quit it.

If there was a guarantee things went back to normal after cessation of the drug, I'd try it immediately.

What scares me is trying it, getting possible sides deciding it's not for me, and then.. Having debilitating post finasteride syndrome.

That's what scares me, is it true or do people exaggerate it? I think there must be some truth to it..
    Last edited by Jcm800; 01-11-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Can't spell

I hear ya. I started losing very slowly at the age of 27 I think . It was definitely around then.

It does hurt even when I'm older, family and friends take the piss, I hate it.

Thing that worries me about Fin is the potential persistent sides after you quit it.

If there was a guarantee things went back to normal after cessation of the drug, I'd try it immediately.

What scares me is trying it, getting possible sides deciding it's not for me, and then.. Having debilitating post finasteride syndrome.

That's what scares me, is it true or do people exaggerate it? I think there must be some truth to it..
    Take the plunge, you have nothing to lose.. except your hair of course. Out of the several studies that were conducted on finasteride, around ~1-2% suffered from side effects, with the majority of them going away after discontinuing use.. so the odds are a little better than russian roulette.

But if you do start taking it, don't get caught up reading stories online or in the forums .. it's going to add to your stress and that's more than often the real cause of ED - people worry, get scared because they think they can't get an erection, end up not getting one because of their anxiety and then blame the drug (next time your with a girl, try getting an erection with your mind set on not getting one - it isn't going to happen .. it's a psychological thing as much as it is physical).

Lastly, also keep in mind that forums tend to be bias - people are going to post when they think they have sides (post the negatives) but if the drugs working fine, they're not going to post anything (you rarely see random threads started with people posting "i've been on fin the past 5 months, no sides" and leave it at that .. you'll most likely see "decided to take fin, a couple of days later I couldn't get an erection, it's a dangerous drug").

I've been on it the past couple of years, and started taking the stronger dutasteride as well (since I was 17, unfortunately). I'm still losing my hair .. but who knows how it would have looked if I didn't start taking the drug .. and when I mentioned the stress thing above, I'm talking from experience. When I started fin, I was so anxious, I wasn't able to get an erection and immediately stopped... I thought about it, decided to give it another try eventually and realized it was just stress causing my initial ED. The only side effect I can notice is watery semen (which is expected since finasteride's main use is for your prostate gland, which is responsible for secreting proteins, etc and making your semen thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by vcity View Post
    Take the plunge, you have nothing to lose.. except your hair of course. Out of the several studies that were conducted on finasteride, around ~1-2% suffered from side effects, with the majority of them going away after discontinuing use.. so the odds are a little better than russian roulette.

But if you do start taking it, don't get caught up reading stories online or in the forums .. it's going to add to your stress and that's more than often the real cause of ED - people worry, get scared because they think they can't get an erection, end up not getting one because of their anxiety and then blame the drug (next time your with a girl, try getting an erection with your mind set on not getting one - it isn't going to happen .. it's a psychological thing as much as it is physical).

Lastly, also keep in mind that forums tend to be bias - people are going to post when they think they have sides (post the negatives) but if the drugs working fine, they're not going to post anything (you rarely see random threads started with people posting "i've been on fin the past 5 months, no sides" and leave it at that .. you'll most likely see "decided to take fin, a couple of days later I couldn't get an erection, it's a dangerous drug").

I've been on it the past couple of years, and started taking the stronger dutasteride as well (since I was 17, unfortunately). I'm still losing my hair .. but who knows how it would have looked if I didn't start taking the drug .. and when I mentioned the stress thing above, I'm talking from experience. When I started fin, I was so anxious, I wasn't able to get an erection and immediately stopped... I thought about it, decided to give it another try eventually and realized it was just stress causing my initial ED. The only side effect I can notice is watery semen (which is expected since finasteride's main use is for your prostate gland, which is responsible for secreting proteins, etc and making your semen thicker.
    Thanks a lot for taking time to reply. I hear too, there's a good chance I'll take it and be fine also.

I'm actually due to see a urologist this week, for personal reasons regarding waterworks.

I'm going to ask his opinion on it, and also ask about dutas.. There's no point me taking fin if he thinks I may have prostate issues.. It would mess up the psa test result for one. I'll sit tight for now, see what happens regarding possible treatment for my health issues first.

Thanks.

I'm actually due to see a urologist this week, for personal reasons regarding waterworks.

I'm going to ask his opinion on it, and also ask about dutas.
    Seeing your Dr. and discussing treatment/concerns is always the best route to take over basing your decision on what you read on the internet.

Amazing results man. I'm hoping to get similar results. I'm almost 40 and receding majorly. Not too much crown loss at all. would be nice to just fill in temples and front a bit. Im fine having a receding hairline and dont expect to have the hairline I had at 25. I've been on fin 2 months .5-1mg a day. I have noticed minor sides, slight libido loss, maybe a bit softer but by no means impotent.

gonna stick with it a year and see what happens

Default Nice results

Those are some good results! Curious to see if it continues to grow from there. But I would be pretty happy that you got as much growth as you did all things considered! To be honest my hair continued to get better with continual use of fin. I don't know if the crown area ever got all the way better, but it just looked like a part in my hair for the most part.