+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

No problem. I realize I joined the fight way too late to get a huge improvement, so I am keeping my expectations realistic. If I can just get a decent improvement in the crown area, I would be more than happy.

No real improvement the past month though, maybe even took a step back. I will continue to post pics though improvement or not.

Wow that is freaking awesome results. I gotta try the regiment you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohionin View Post
    Wow that is freaking awesome results. I gotta try the regiment you are on.
    I do my best to take pics every month or so give or take a couple of weeks here and there. Also I buzz my head with a 2 guard before pics. I am not certain, but I think I may have taken a step back this past month, but I will still press forward. From what I here there are things that we will have to deal with from time to time like synchronized shedding so I expect my hair may look even worse than usual from time to time. I wont quit and will be consistent with treatment. Will keep you guys posted on progress or setbacks.

Default Update time 7 months minox, 6 months fin

Alright guys, just wanted to post an update. I have been on minox since june of 2013(7 months), and on fin since july of 2013(6 months). I have posted comparison pics below of the top of my head and crown. I try to be as consistent as possible when it comes to hair length and angle. I posted the clearest pics that I had, most of the pics I took were garbage unfortunately and blurry. Check them out below.

I have been pretty consistent using the following treatments: Big 3, microneedle roller. I also take biotin daily. No sides to speak of when it comes to fin. Minoxidil makes my head itch like a mother effer, with occasional dandruff. I wont quit since I am seeing some regrowth and don't want to take any steps backward. I use the needle roller once a week. I don't dig in to my scalp like I have seen others do. I lightly roll over the top of my head and apply minox a few hours later.

Just some final thoughts on everything. First, it has been a total of 7 months since I started treatment. There were many times when I looked in the mirror and thought to myself "is any of this shit working". Sometimes this battle can be a bit discouraging, but I am glad I have stuck with it. I plan on giving this regimen a full year and a half before I decide whether or not it is worth it to continue. Second, I am seeing some regrowth in my temples, but not much. I have accepted that I waited to long to treat and they are long gone. Lastly, l am seeing results, and am left thinking the worst thing. How much hair would I still have if I started treatments years earlier?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison top 1-9-14.JPG

Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	24673   Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison crown 1-9-14.JPG

Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	24674  

Smile

No doubt this is better. Well done dude.

We are proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post some pics with my progress. Not amazing results, but I have kept my expectations realistic so at this point I am pretty satisfied. Let me know what you think or if you have questions let me know.

This is what I use:
    1mg Prepecia ED(for about 8 weeks)
    Regenepure DR shampoo 4 - 5 days/week
    Minox foam or liquid(mixed in with hair muck) 2x/day
    Dermaroller Microneedle 3-4 days/week
    Vitamins: 1 Biotin 5000mcg and 1 Silica Complex 500mg ED

I know I am using a lot of stuff, some of which is probably ineffective. But I have no clue what is so I continue to take it all.

Each pic was taken approx. one month apart starting with the baseline pic. You will notice I started at almost a NW6 so I keep my expectations very low. Believe it or not I actually went through a bit of a shed during the first month. You might notice less hair after the 1st month at my crown. Lastly every pic taken is right after I cut my hair. I use #2 clipper on top. BTW I am not using concealer to give the appearance of more hair.
    That's a big improvement. I haven't tried micro needling yet, but plan to. I have been using minoxidil along with scalp massage and exercises. My hair has improved quite a bit over the last several months. Part of it may be the beard hair Dr. Cole scattered on top and the sides. My daughter brought a product home called "Hair Skin and Nails". It includes Biotin and MSM. It's a terrible tasting liquid but that could perhaps be contributing to some improvement.

Again, your results are very encouraging.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    No doubt this is better. Well done dude.

We are proud of you. Keep up the good work.
    Yeah, I think it is better. Am I one of these "great responders" that we always hear about? No, but this proves that the treatments we have can work. I realize I waited way to long to get back even half of my hair back. But for all the guys who just started losing that are thinking of treatment. This gives them something to think about. One of the reasons why it took me so long to start treatment was because I thought the stuff we had didn't work. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    That's a big improvement. I haven't tried micro needling yet, but plan to. I have been using minoxidil along with scalp massage and exercises. My hair has improved quite a bit over the last several months. Part of it may be the beard hair Dr. Cole scattered on top and the sides. My daughter brought a product home called "Hair Skin and Nails". It includes Biotin and MSM. It's a terrible tasting liquid but that could perhaps be contributing to some improvement.

Again, your results are very encouraging.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Not sure what effect if any micro needling is having. I do it once a week and it takes 5 minutes to do so it is not a big deal to do. I use minoxidil the same day unlike the trial. Not sure if that is a good idea, but I haven't had any strange sides because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Yeah, I think it is better. Am I one of these "great responders" that we always hear about? No, but this proves that the treatments we have can work. I realize I waited way to long to get back even half of my hair back. But for all the guys who just started losing that are thinking of treatment. This gives them something to think about. One of the reasons why it took me so long to start treatment was because I thought the stuff we had didn't work. I was wrong.
    Looks like it's made a difference there, pleased for you. Wish I had the balls to get on it, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Looks like it's made a difference there, pleased for you. Wish I had the balls to get on it, sigh.
    The decision to take fin or any drug is a big one to make. I am glad I decided to take it, but its not for everybody. The main regret I have is not finding BTT earlier and starting treatment years ago. I just hope when you are as old as I am you don't have the same regret.