+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil

As a Conditioner
    To use it as a conditioner, apply coconut oil to your hair after you have taken a shower. Ensure that the hair is damp but not dripping wet. Take some amount in the hand, rub well and then start applying it evenly to the hair. Start with the wet ends. Then slowly work up the length of the hair applying progressively less amount as you reach the scalp. Apply very little to the roots to avoid the greasy look. It is important to use the correct amount of oil, as using too much of it will again cause the hair to appear oily instead of ensuring a conditioned look.

To Treat Dandruff
    The moisturizing effect and antifungal properties help coconut oil to get rid of dandruff, irrespective of whether it is caused due to a dry scalp or any fungal infection. To treat dandruff, apply the oil all over your hair and scalp, and leave it for 8 to 10 hours. Hair can be oiled and left overnight for the coconut oil to penetrate within the inner layers of the hair. To remove any trace of oil, shampoo your hair the next morning.

Coconut Hot Oil Treatment
    An effective way to nourish hair using coconut oil is to use the coconut hot oil treatment. For this, first oil your hair properly. Then wrap your hair in a towel that has been dipped in hot water or heated using a dryer. Keep the towel on till it becomes cold. Be careful that the towel is not so hot that it hurts the scalp. Continue this for 20 to 30 minutes. Reheat the towel as many times as required.

1. As a safe cooking oil for deep frying
    2. A tablespoon taken before each meal can help improve digestion
    3. Can be taken in warm ginger tea to sooth heartburn or nausea
    4. As a completely natural baby lotion
    5. On hands after doing dishes to avoid dry skin
    6. Mixed with catnip, rosemary, or mint essential oils as a natural bug repellent
    7. Can be used on mom’s nipple and baby’s mouth to help treat thrush
    8. Many use it as an anti-aging facial moisturizer
    9. Use to make coconut cream concentrate for a brain boosting snack
    10. Can be used internally and externally to speed recovery from UTIs
    11. When taken regularly, it can help fight candida
    12. When taken regularly, it can boost hormone production
    13. Can relieve the pain of hemorrhoids when used topically

Hello, i m new here and i m looking for a natural hair thinning treatment, i heard a lot about coconut oil and its benefits
    Other than beautifying does it have any effect on hair loss?

Zero effect

Default thanks

Ok thanks man

I've used it on my hair and results were amazing. It stops hair falling makes hair strong, thick and beautiful. Apply at least 4 days in a week preferably apply it at night and wash when you wake up in the morning.

Whether it helps in hair loss or not, is questionable and depends on what type of hair loss you are facing. It has nothing to do with hereditary hair loss and you won’t get any benefit for the same. However, coconut oil is one of the best natural treatments to boost hair growth. By penetrating the hair shaft, coconut oil protects against environmental impurities and excess heat. The loss of proteins usually leads to hair weakness and breakage. A daily massage with warm coconut oil will effectively improve scalp circulation and boost nutrient and oxygen delivery to your hair. But for best results, dermatologists suggest that you use only pure, refined and virgin coconut oil on your scalp for best results.

Coconut oil is also called Copra oil. Coconut oil has lots of benefits for hair and health. If you are using coconut oil for hair massage. You can prevent hair loss problem. If you are using coconut oil for food. This is good for our health. Coconut oil is also best for our skin.

Although never used it for cooking but I've definitely used it hair and skin care. I was suffering from hair thinning problem and It's regular massage not only stopped hair falling but It also helped in growing my hair. So If you're wondering how to make your hair grow again, this is the perfect natural recipe for you. Jut use it regularly and be patient.

As a moisturizer the virgin, unprocessed oil is fantastic. Particularly if you use it before bed it tends to help and also not so greasy in the morning.