+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unhappy

I read some real horror stories about Gho's clinics from 2002, 2003 in old posts in HLH's hair transplant subfolders.

now I wonder how come IM(assuming he knew abt gho from the beginning) is still bald and he only had his first HST not long ago-7 months ago or somtheing.

Had he started 15 years ago or 8 years ago(HST) by now he would have been NW1 full head of hair, IM could have been that illusive man that had 13 000 grafts and still going(if you believe dr ghos words)

our only hope is dr nigam and dr mousseigne - give them 6 months-1 year

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    now I wonder how come IM(assuming he knew abt gho from the beginning) is still bald and he only had his first HST not long ago-7 months ago or somtheing.

Had he started 15 years ago or 8 years ago(HST) by now he would have been NW1 full head of hair, IM could have been that illusive man that had 13 000 grafts and still going(if you believe dr ghos words)

our only hope is dr nigam and dr mousseigne - give them 6 months-1 year
    Personally I don't put much faith in Dr. Nigam. Dr. Gho can at least do a kind of decent, modest hair transplant. We don't know anything about Nigam. He just appeared on the forums out of thin air. Doesn't anyone find that strange?

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post

Dr. Gho can at least do a kind of decent, modest hair transplant.
    Yeah, that's what Spencer Kobren said on the show. And how long is Spencer Kobren in this business?

Seems he still don't understand (besides the kids who get HST's) that with decent, modest HSTs with just around 1500 grafts ...

...you simply CAN'T get this with just 1 procedure!

I mean - seriously, did I ever expect this with my 1400 HST grafts???
    At least I knew in advance what I will get if I choose 1400 normal FUE grafts ..

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Yeah, that's what Spencer Kobren said on the show. And how long is Spencer Kobren in this business?

Seems he still don't understand (besides the kids who get HST's) that with decent, modest HSTs with just around 1500 grafts ...

...you simply CAN'T get this with just 1 procedure!

I mean - seriously, did I ever expect this with my 1400 HST grafts???
    At least I knew in advance what I will get if I choose 1400 normal FUE grafts ..
    lol I agree Iron man..

and if you don't mind me asking...what NW are you? and what is your story? failed FUT before? or are you a virgin scalp?

and how many times do you plan on going back for HST's?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    lol I agree Iron man..

and if you don't mind me asking...what NW are you? and what is your story? failed FUT before? or are you a virgin scalp?

and how many times do you plan on going back for HST's?
    Iron Man doesn't do chit chat with anyone, but it's strangely comforting that with his extensive knowledge in all things hair related, that he still continues to back HST above all other solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Based on TBT history Spencer is not big on Hitzig, he just let him discuss what he was doing since he apparently was the first doctor to start using Acell with hair and I also remember Spencer saying to wait to see results before having anything done.
    Unfortunately that won't fly, Spencer has said that he won't put anybody he is not comfortable with on his show because the very fact they appear on his show is a huge commercial boost to them. This is one of the reasons that Dr Nigam does not get on the show - so whilst he may have preached some caution with Acell it seems to me his judgement was off on this occasion.

Nothing terrible about that, nobody bats 100%, and I certainly don't think he is batting well if he says anybody can do HST.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    I read some real horror stories about Gho's clinics from 2002, 2003 in old posts in HLH's hair transplant subfolders.
    Provide a link to them, because I haven't seen ANY "horror stories" from 2002/2003 and I have been around that long, if you cannot provide a link then the unkind side of me might think you are pulling that out of your ***

I made some time to go and look at the show where Spencer Kobren talks to Jotronic about Dr Gho. I couldn't watch the whole show but I watched the bit where Jotronic rang in.

Firstly I should say that in a totally non-gay way I love these guys because there are so many bad people in the industry and these are two of the rare exceptions who are actually on the other end - really good people who are trying to help others.

Generally I thought that what they said was great advice, they are sceptical about Dr Gho and I think with good reason. There is a reason that I didn't get an HST when I got turned down for the 50 graft trial and that is that I wanted to see more evidence - which for some reason HASCI are consistently **** at producing. I too don't believe the 80% regeneration in real terms is validated or even likely, I think it is much lower than that. What we DO have is sterling work provided by guys on the forums which show close up evidence that HST isn't all hokum.

What Spencer did say was that if you want a very conservative HT with minimal/no scarring in the donor area then Dr Gho might well be a good option.

Where I STILL disagree with him is his assumption that other good FUE doctors could easily reproduce his results - we have ZERO evidence to date of that.