+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Taking Propecia? Leave a comment!

So I'm seriously considering taking the leap this friday and start taking my prescribed bottle of propecia.

So after looking around the web i want to hear YOUR experience with propecia! Good or bad I'd like to get as many people to share as i can, especially those who have been on it for a long time! The more details the better,

I'm 20 years old and hopefully Fin can help me keep my hair through college!

I've only been on it 3 months, but thought I'd give you my experience nevertheless.

During the first 2 months I suffered intermittent low libido, and a decrease in penis sensitivity that lasted about a week, and testicle pain that was present pretty much every day. However, I've been on it 3 months now and have been side effect free for about a month. No results yet, but it's too early to tell.

I guess the point of this post is that you shouldn't give it up immediately if you do encounter mild side effects, I'd advise you to try and ride it out if they aren't unbearable.

I took it for 14 years, from age 19 to 33. I had to quit due to a medical condition unrelated to finasteride. It regrew my childhood hairline and kept my hair at a NW0 the entire time I was on it, never losing a bit of effectiveness. I had a few minor side effects that I did not even identify until I stopped taking the stuff, mainly decreased body hair. I never had any sexual dysfunction and all. When I stopped (cold turkey) I got blood tests and confirmed that all my hormone levels all went back to normal within a week. When I started on it, no one ever referred to starting propecia as "taking the leap," we just took it. Nobody had any fear of side effects and nobody seemed to experience any.

Quote Originally Posted by DifferentLine View Post
    I've only been on it 3 months, but thought I'd give you my experience nevertheless.

During the first 2 months I suffered intermittent low libido, and a decrease in penis sensitivity that lasted about a week, and testicle pain that was present pretty much every day. However, I've been on it 3 months now and have been side effect free for about a month. No results yet, but it's too early to tell.

I guess the point of this post is that you shouldn't give it up immediately if you do encounter mild side effects, I'd advise you to try and ride it out if they aren't unbearable.
    What do you mean no results yet? Fin is supposed to maintain what you have now...?

No side effects, but my hair is worse than it was before starting it, about 14 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No side effects, but my hair is worse than it was before starting it, about 14 months ago.
    are you only taking finasteride or are you using minoxidil as well?

3.5 months on finasteride:
    -no sides
    -lots of shedding from ~2 month to current
    -a few hairs sprouting at hairline, though most likely just natural regrowth at this point.

My hair is worse snow than when I started. But, if the shedding is truly hairs changing phases to one day return stronger, then it'll all be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    are you only taking finasteride or are you using minoxidil as well?
    Only Fin currently, may try minox soon, but I keep reading about bad experiences with it.

ryan.. I'm sure you have answered this before.. but after taking it for 14 years.. how did it effect your hairloss? instantly start losing it again or is it still there? how long has it been?

Been on Fin for 15+ Years. No sides, maintains my hair. Most of my friends take it too. Go for it..