Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldbondmafia
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
    My hair loss is mainly diffuse. Fin thickened it up pretty well and then maintained. I started fin almost 3 years ago. I also used keto shampoo, 2% the whole time. Not sure how much that helped but I doubt it would have had much of a visible result without fin
    were you taking .5mg or 1mg?

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
      were you taking .5mg or 1mg?
      Started at 1.25 mg, then went up to 2.5 mg every day.

I am on .5mg dutasteride now so I dropped my fin back down to 1.25.

Comment

• BigThinker
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by DifferentLine
        How would you compare your shedding to pre-fin, more or less?

Way more shedding post-fin, at least where I'm at now.

Comment

• StuckInARut
          • Aug 2012

Three months. No sides but still shedding albeit a bit less. Hoping to maintain a the very least but hoping for regrowth.

Comment

• Bacon
            • Feb 2013

4 months in. I had sides for the first 3 months, but they gradually dissipated. Ball pain in the first few weeks was pretty bad - I was gonna start tapering off the drug if the pain persisted but fortunately it didn't. I also had a reduction in my libido. However, in the past week or so I'm back to my old horny self.

As for results, it's really hard to tell. I feel like my hair's a bit thinner in the hairline (where all of my loss was), and I'm still shedding loads of hair in the shower. But I don't see as many hairs scattered about my desk at work as I used to. No idea if this means anything or not.

In conclusion, I'm gonna stick with it but I've been slightly disappointed so far.
            Last edited by Bacon; 06-11-2013, 09:48 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Cabe
              • May 2013

Started 1mg of fin on the 10th (June). Noticed the first day slight ache in my left testicle, similar to blue balls. It comes and goes throughout the day, nothing too bad but like a previous user said, kinda annoying. Hopefully it goes away with time. Other than that, obviously too early to tell about any results/other side effects.

Comment

• emmaorabelle
                • Mar 2023

Like any medication, Propecia can have side effects. Some of the most common side effects include decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, and decreased semen volume. It is important to talk to your doctor about any concerns you may have about taking Propecia.
                In terms of personal experiences, some men have reported positive results with Propecia, such as maintaining their hair growth and seeing new hair growth in areas that had previously thinned out. Others have reported side effects such as decreased sex drive and erectile dysfunction. It's important to keep in mind that everyone's experience with Propecia can be different, and it's best to talk to your doctor about any concerns you may have before starting the medication. exhibit of sorrows

Comment

• Jcm800
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ravegrover
                  Been on Fin for 15+ Years. No sides, maintains my hair. Most of my friends take it too. Go for it..
                  Hi.. Are you still taking finasteride?

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Are you still on Fin?

Comment

Working...